/dist/images/branding/favicon

Out of storage

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Steve Maller, May 5, 2018.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I strapped my robot on to the front of a kayak and went out for a paddle, but about a half an hour in, there was an error message saying that he couldn’t save to my camera roll. It sucks because there’s no way to divide up the files? Seems like there should be a setting that will save the files maybe a gigabyte or so at a time. This feels like it would be a big improvement.

2. Steve Maller

The app is showing 9 GB of storage used, but when I look at my files, it’s not anywhere. So I had to delete the app to recover the storage. It would be great if this got fixed.

Attached Files:

3. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

Hey Steve, found that in the release 1.2 notes:

"Retry
    • Sometimes iOS fails to export video to Photos library. Added a “retry” button to the error popup to help with the issue."
    Maybe that's the issue you're talking about? If yes, it seems to be fixed in the coming up update. Thankfully I hadn't this problem with my. Which device and iOS version are you running?

4. Steve Maller

I'm up-to-date on an iPhone 7 Plus. I thought if I went in and deleted a few things that maybe it could save, but alas, no luck. Is 1.2 in beta?

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Steve:
    Yeah, 1.2 is indeed in beta: https://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?forums/movi-beta-app.71/

That said, if you've not already done so, I'd suggest you open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com) -- this is baseless speculation but I think you may have found a bug....

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

6. Steve Maller

A bug? No way. Clearly it's user error. I failed to make enough room for my 10GB video before shooting it. :mad:

[clarification]
    I failed in another way, too. I placed the Movi on my kayak so that it was out of reach. I wasn't about to try and reach it out on the front of my kayak and risk capsizing and testing its salt water resistance. :eek: So I just paddled around staring at its error message. Made me wish I could yell at Siri (or somebody in another kayak) to fix it! :rolleyes:

#6 Steve Maller, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh. Sorry....I "misunderestimated" the end user (end loser®?) knowledge here.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Frank Algermissen likes this.