/dist/images/branding/favicon

Zoom rolls/dutches Movi on controller

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by jim mundell, Apr 13, 2018.

1. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hello,
    I have noticed recently that when someone touches the zoom rocker on the controller that the Movi Pro will roll to one side. Rock it the other way and it rolls it the other way.

Went thru menu but didnt see a spot where roll gets mapped to zoom rocker.
    No zoom motor connected.

Any idea on why and how to remedy?
    Thanks

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jim: Can you check on the Tx Monitor screen, if you scroll down to the Roll indicator, do you see the Roll axis changing when you use the zoom rocker?

If you see it moving, then the MoVI Controller is actually transmitting a roll command to the MoVI Pro. That's just the first step in the diagnostic tree. If you do NOT see it moving, then one has to ask why the MoVI Pro is somehow synthesizing a roll command when none is being sent.

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hi Andy,

Finally had a chance to look into this again. Updated the controller and also the Movi Pro and it still rolls when I touch the zoom rocker. Rolls in each direction if you move rocker each way.

I went to the Movi monitor screen, down to the roll and when I move zoom rocker I do see the numbers change in roll.

Any thoughts?
    Is there a way to assign roll to the zoom rocker? Maybe someone did it on a job without me knowing.
    Thanks, Jim

#3 jim mundell, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Yes, you can assign all these knobs and switches to do different things, but you'll have to dig through the menu to do it.

I don't have a Movi Controller in front of me, and have never owned one so I'm not an expert, but it might actually be in your FIZ Configuration, go to Zoom, and see if it's assigned to the Roll axis.

I know one time I used the Movi Controller, and we assigned Roll to a couple of different places for different Operators.

5. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Ive mapped pan to user 1 to adjust some of the drift we get occasionally. But dont see where I can change map of zoom rocker.

6. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it might be in FIZ config rather than TX Config, but I'm not certain. If you email support, they can probably sort you out. The Movi Controller manual is sometimes not so helpful, but it's a rather dense menu structure with several hidden tips and tricks.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jim: I'm away from my studio so I don't have the MC available to me....I'm out until Wednesday, but I'll check as soon as I get back.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

8. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

The mapping for roll is a little different than the other options. It should be the near the top of the list of options under Tx Config: MAP ROLL INPUT (in the first 5 or 6 lines). It sounds like it's mapped to "zoom rocker". If you just want it back to defaults, choose "Trim" to map it to the trim buttons in the middle of the controller.

Pro Tip: If you have adjusted the roll with the trim buttons, pressing both at the same time will zero out any trim inputs, and set you back to factory calibrated level horizon.

Graham Futerfas likes this.