/dist/images/branding/favicon

Controller update

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Ulrik Pegelow, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Ulrik Pegelow

Ulrik Pegelow New Member

Trying to update controller but can't find the MCFW_ vX_X_ENC.bintx. file. Where do I find it? I follow the steps of the tutorial but can't find the update file anywhere...

2. Ulrik,

The existing MoVI Controller firmware update instructions, lists a generic file name, as the file name will change with each new release. The most recent firmware .bin file you need to use when performing the MoVi Controller firmware update is named (movi_controller_3_2_1.bin)

Choose (movi_controller_3_2_1.bin)

If you have any further issues, please email support at support@freeflysystems.com

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ulrik: Just in case this should be relevant: (a) remember to use a USB data cable and (b) connect it to the lowermost USB connector on the MoVI Controller. A few folks have had issues by not doing these steps. Not that *I* have ever forgotten to use the lower USB connector....well, not recently. :rolleyes: Like when I first wrote this post I got it wrong and had to go look it up. Duh. Not. Enough. Caffeine.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Update...to the update.
    Spoke to Chris at FF and its turns out my computer was too old to handle. Had to use my newer laptop and it all worked fine.
    Tips from Chris though. No battery on Controller, only powered by the USB cable on computer. Do not do update with download still in download folder. Put mine on desktop. Update the Drivers....and get newer computer always helps.
    Thanks for the help as always.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ah yes! Chris knows his stuff!

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

6. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

That he does.