/dist/images/branding/favicon

Red Comms issues / no camera boot etc.

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Robert Eder, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Robert Eder

Robert Eder New Member

Hi,

We are having some issues with the RED camera comms cable. Using a Weapon Heli 8K with base expander and RED firmware 7.0.1.

With the MoVI pro connected to the RED comms the RED will not boot. When unplugging the cable it might boot most of the times. Then replug the cable when the cam is on works but all the controls of the camera via the sidekick are very slow and laggy then. Sometimes when unplugging the comms cable the camera crashes and reboots.

Anyone seen this issue?

Camera comms works nice on our Shotover G1 and F1 so I can rule out the cam. This is a MoVI related issue.

Best,

Robert

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Did you email Freefly support about it?

I think I heard one of the support guys tell me that RED has a bad habit of making changes in Firmware and not being specific about those changes, so it's hard for Freefly to adapt things like the RCP functionality.

That said, have you tried a different RED RCP cable to troubleshoot? Or a different camera module than the Base Expander? Was it ever working for you and then quit, or has this been an issue all along?

Also, are you trying to control the camera through Mimic or the Movi Controller? What Movi Pro Firmware version are you using?

3. Robert Eder

Robert Eder New Member

Hi,

I only got one of the RCP cables here so I could not try another one. The cable actually works when connected but slows down all the internal camera menus. Also you cannot shutdown the cam when the cable is connected. Really weird issue.

4. Martin C. Walsh

Martin C. Walsh New Member

Hi Robert, wondering if you ever had a positive resolve on this? We've seen the same issue(s) for a year. We had to stop using the RCP cable because of SDI dropouts throwing our wireless in and out. Would love a fix. Dearly miss the remote controls for start/stop especially.

5. Robert Eder

Robert Eder New Member

Hi,

As far as I know the most recent firmware update fixed that one for us.

Best,

Robert