/dist/images/branding/favicon

First quick test of the "Timelapse" & "Barrel Roll"

Discussion in 'Movi Showcase' started by Frank Algermissen, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

First quick test of the "Timelapse" & "Barrel Roll" functions. In my opinion the MOVI App needs lot of improvement with settings for lock focus, ISO, shutter, whitebalance etc. - like Skyflow for example.
    Barrel Roll is very cool but very tricky. Needs lot of training to get a great effect. You really have to find ONE point as "axis" where you have to concentrate on. I am still at the beginning... :)

Making Of: Well, this happens when you stand up 04:30 AM in the morning to catch the really first light and are not familiar with your new equipment :) In this case I had problems to manage the usually learned settings to get on the MOVI App. Well at the end it became lighter and lighter and the result -> see above. Trusty instead: @3LeggedThing ALBERT, @Moment WIDE & @Insta360 ONE and of course iPhone X

Darrin Altman and John Woods like this.
  2. Darrin Altman

Darrin Altman Member

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to receive mine.

Frank Algermissen likes this.
  3. Lou Ruiz

Lou Ruiz New Member

I hope MOVI can barrel roll with a 7+, seems the extra length of a + might help with keeping the handle out of the shots, especially with a anamorphic lens.

Thanks for the demos.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

See FAQ #18, Lou. The iPhone X with Otterbox is too big to barrel roll, I'm afraid. Not sure about the 7+.

5. Frank Algermissen

That means in general that we all should think twice when planning to purchase a new iPhone then. Long time I was a Plus user and now very happy with the little smaller iPX - which seems to have the perfect size for a gimbal like MOVI.

iPhone Plus devices will always make kinda trouble as far as I know - in size and weight.

6. Frank Algermissen

Back to the videos: I am really impressed about this totally smoooooth movement. Didn't they made a great job?! Well and now image to combine your MOVI with a Rhino ROV and you will have something similar like an Edelkrone - but for MUCH less money.

7. Zach Nagle

Zach Nagle New Member

Hi Frank - thanks for sharing! Really excited to receive mine....I was wondering what order # you were? Mine is #M22700

8. Frank Algermissen

Hey Zach, I had no regular order number cause I didn't order directly but from a reseller in Germany. They also send me the counterweights today, so I can finally use my iPhone with my lovely MOMENT Lenses :)

Attached Files:

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Frank, do those Moment lens work on iPhone cases other than those provided by Moment? I have an Otterbox case on my iPhone X but it's not clear how the Moment lenses mount.

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

10. Frank Algermissen

You definitely need the Moment cases. Otherwise it doesn't work. The cases are kind of bayonet ring.

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh. That's too bad. Understandable, but too bad -- I wonder how feasible it is to repeated take the iPhone X out of and back into an Otterbox case without losing some of the benefits. Certainly the Lifeproof cases lose their integrity.

I can see a second iPhone X in my future!

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert