/dist/images/branding/favicon

Moment wide angle lens

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Bryan Vaughan, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Bryan Vaughan

Bryan Vaughan New Member

We currently shoot with M5s and Canon Mark III with 16-35 lenses.

We have Movi on order and are curious if it has been tested with lens kits, specifically, Moment wide angle?

Thanks for any assistance!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Bryan: Based on these links I would say it has been tested with the Moment wide angle:
    https://store.freeflysystems.com/collections/movi
    https://store.freeflysystems.com/collections/movi/products/movi-adjustable-counterweight

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Bryan Edmonds likes this.
  3. Lou Ruiz

Lou Ruiz New Member

Moment announced a new Anamorphic lens, I hope it works seamlessly with MOVI.

4. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

EEDM9809.jpg

Hey Bryan, I own all MOMENT lenses and also the MOVI counterweights. I can tell you it works - perfectly. Maybe cause MOMENT was deeply involved in the developing process - as far as I know and heard.

My Anamorphic lens will arrive in June so I can tell you more about lens #5. But I'm 99,9% sure it will be the same cause MOMENT uses the MOVI themselves ;-)

5. Moment lenses existed long before the Movi (cinema robot). Moment was not involved in the development of the Movi. While it may be true they will test any new lenses they release in the future, in tandem with the Movi, they design and develop the lenses for the phones/cameras, not what the phones are attached to.

Frank Algermissen likes this.
  6. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

Hi Chris, thx to make that clear. With "involved in the development" I didn't mean they told FF what to do but give feedback while testing the MOVI with their products. Of course the focus from MOMENT is concentrated on developing attachable lenses, not gimbals - thought that was clear before ;)