/dist/images/branding/favicon

Is it possible to power an M5/M10 off of a V-Mount battery?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by James Bass, Mar 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. James Bass

James Bass New Member

Is it possible to power an M5/M10 off of a V-Mount battery?
    I'm planning on having an M5/M10 in a stationary spot recording for a while and the regular batteries aren't going to last long enough so I'm curious if it's possible to power it w/a v-mount battery?

Thanks!

Dominic Eder-Smigura likes this.
  2. Dominic Eder-Smigura

I'd be very interested in that as well! I think I've read that you should only power it exclusively with freefly lipo batteries, but maybe there is some solution to make it happen.

3. James Bass

James Bass New Member

I haven't tried it yet but I spoke to someone who tells that they do this on a regular basis. I just need to pick up a couple of D-tap adapters and make a run to my local hobby shop to get the necessary cable/adapter to bring it all together.

4. Robin Opgård

Robin Opgård New Member

We did an upgrade on our M15, a MōVI Semi-Pro if you want. Here with a Pag L90 V-lock battery.

But if you are just stationary, you can just buy a huge 4S battery? You don’t have to use the small Freefly ones.

17785C13-38EB-43B3-B08D-96A3CE094658.jpeg

5. Pieter van Roijen

Pieter van Roijen New Member

That is looking quite interesting. is the carbon cage for the v-mount battery self made? And do you power the M15 and camera with it or just the M15?