/dist/images/branding/favicon

Power draw issue

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Josh Park, Dec 11, 2016.

1. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

Ryan Forte is looking to drum up interest in this (using MIMIC) thru another thread. Don't know if freefly has any intention of doing it, there is definitely a major contingent of their customers that are really hoping for an update on this. I know i wont buy a movi controller until range/form factor is better. And the integrated FIZ will be pretty useless to me until then (i appreciate the MIMIC being able to control it, but we need a hand unit). Freefly will get by without my single controller purchase lol. . . but head over to the thread or email FreeFly, keep drumming up interest or maybe get an update.

Ryan Forte likes this.
  2. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi Dave, I am powering the camera from the 12-14V Cam port, and I am using the 12V accessory port on the tilt stage unit to power a small splitter box I have made that then runs the Terradek Bolt and RT Motion.

So I have a made the following cables, D-TAP to Alexa Mini and Red Epic LEMO (obviously for powering the camera) D-Tap to 2 pin LEMO which I then run into the breakout board. From there it is two pin lemo to the terradek bolt, and a two pin lemo to hi-rose to power the RT Motion receiver.

I have the power breakout board being anodised at the moment, and will post some photos as soon as I have it back.
    Cheers

Chris

3. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

I am powering a red weapon through the Cam power, a cinetape through the other p tap on the bottom sled, the Teradek 2000 off the p tap by the back control panel. I couldn't power a Preston MDR4 as well so that's powered off a LiPo from the M10 package. I found I could power it all but during a hard focus pull or iris pull, the draw would make the Movi "glitch" for a half second which would blow the shot. The lipo power the MDR all day and system is working well. Red fortunately powers it own monitor so I can't comment on let's say an Arri Mini with all this and a Monitor but I think it would work.

4. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

• Freefly PILOT is in the launch phase

Would be great to have a way to use regular FIZ hand units through the Movi Pro.
    • We released the API so anyone can easily integrate their systems. You'd need to ping 3rd party companies so they add support.

5. Alexandre Samori

Alexandre Samori New Member

Hi Graham, you said you are able to power your Bartech now, with latest firmware. Do you mean powering camera, Bartech and Tomahawk video transmitter? All together on Movi batteries?

6. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Bartech is still hit and miss, especially as the batteries age a bit. I usually stick a lipo in for it. I can power it if the camera has its own batteries and I can use the 6amp camera output.

Using a Preston MDR 4 today, and have an M15 Lipo providing power for it. RED and Tomahawk are powered through the Movi.

7. Alexandre Samori

All right, I'll set a lipo battery for that. Thank's a lot Graham! Cheers!

8. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

You’re welcome. I should add that we were sometimes able to power the Preston mdr4 through the Movi, but then it would start cutting out, so it wasn’t reliable. Having some Lipos in the kit and a DTap adapter are very useful.

9. Alexandre Samori

Hello Bryan,

is there a problem using a D-Tap splitter on CAM D-Tap power port, instead of Lipo batteries, to feed a focus device?

10. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

As long as the combined peak power draw from the connected devices does not exceed the 6A max output of the CAM D-tap, you are good to go.