/dist/images/branding/favicon

Horizon slips when movi pro is on a drone

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Michael Solomon, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Michael Solomon

Michael Solomon New Member

Hi all,

I was looking for some help. I'm flying a movi pro on an alta 8. When the drone is static or if it's doing straight forward pushes or backwards pulls the horizon is fine. However, if I dolly left or right (especially with speed), the horizon will slip and go canted. Once motion stops it will level back out. I've tried tuning it out with settings to no avail. If anyone has any input on how I can remedy this it would be much appreciated.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

What is your Heading Assist set to?

3. Michael Solomon

Michael Solomon New Member

I believe I had it in GPS but can verify for certain Monday. It’s my understanding that any setting aside from GPS would exacerbate the horizon slipping.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

5. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

We fly our Pro 99% of the time and never use GPS due to the mentioned issues. We sometimes use compass assist but often find it has its own issues like pan drift and sometimes just going a bit crazy, with the roll axis just doing what it wants. This is after calibration and setting the right declination. We have none of these issues with heading assist off but then the horizon does not hold too well. I’ve actually sent a support ticket today to Freefly about this so I’ll let you know how I get on.

Graham Futerfas likes this.