/dist/images/branding/favicon

Connex Mini as FPV on ALTA 8?

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by Josh Lambeth, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Has anyone done this? If not, other than not getting the heads-up display, would there be any other issues with it? Just curious what people think.

Looking to add FPV capabilities to the rig soon.

Josh

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Josh:
    I don't know anyone who's done that, but given I have an ALTA 8 and a Connex Mini, you're tempting me to try it -- but you'll probably get to try it before I do!

Let me know what you find....the idea of FVP at 720P (especially after you've flown the Inspire 1/2, Mavic, or Amimon Falcore) is appealing but I'm not sure how you'd get the telemetry displays on the OSD to superimpose on the FPV -- I don't think the Connex can take composite video in and superimpose on 720p, can it?

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Josh,
    I was looking for something other day and ended in this website: http://tengriuav.com/
    It's a PIP system that goes on board and makes the PIP screen before you send it to the video TX...
    Ok ok you are asking why am I writing this???
    Follow this...
    It accepts 4 analog video inputs + 1 micro HDMI input and have 1 analog output + 1 micro HDMI output also.... ring any bells?
    Get the analog info from the OSD in one of the analog inputs and put the Connex camera on the HDMI (if it's a HDMI connector like the big version) and you will have an HDMI output with a clear digital image + PIP with telemetry or at least and or you can place more cameras on the ALTA to see around :)
    ALL THIS IS JUST A THEORY!!!! I haven't tried this and never saw one, I found this link on RC Groups.

Good luck!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Arthur!

So you really need to use the phrase that we use in the software biz: "It should work....." :rolleyes:

It's often used as just part of the whole phrase "it should work -- I only changed one thing."

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert