/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi XL and broadcast lenses

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by David Zih, Aug 3, 2017.

1. David Zih

David Zih New Member

Hi guys!

Have you heard anithing about M-XL and Fujinon and Sony broadcast lense control?
    We do a lot of live broadcast with Flignt Head mini and that head can control the
    Zoom and Focus on those lenses. Will Movi XL be able to do it?

David

jim mundell and Ariel Velez like this.
  2. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Saw you never got an answer. I imagine you'd have to use external motors for lens control for broadcast lens and use the Movi controller. Im looking into the same usage. Keep us posted if you get or find an answer.

3. Eric Perry

Eric Perry New Member

I have a similar request for information. I've contacted FreeFly and they informed me that they don't have any ability to integrate with lenses like Fujinon (We utilize the Panasonic Varicam LT with Fujinon 20-200 lenses). What they told me is that you would need to get independent motors to control focus, iris and zoom. In doing my research, I found that it is actually quite difficult to find a proper motor with the right number of pins to utilize Free Fly's FIZ controllers, but you can always add a redrock or another system and still control them using their remote controller.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

5. BrunoMarques

BrunoMarques New Member

Hi,
    Does any of you got an answer about controlling broadcast lenses with the movi controler?

6. Eric Perry

Eric Perry New Member

I got a reply from FreeFly, and as a previous post mentioned you would need to use external motors since they don’t have a cable or the api to interact with broadcast lenses. Also, I had a similar question about the Panasonic Varicam LT. I wanted to know if they had a start stop function, and they don’t have a cable for that either. I would need to rig my own up. With all these faults, I still believe this is the best system for my purposes, and I hope my company will invest in a product that will help in our productions.