/dist/images/branding/favicon

Aerial pan issues

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Ben Platts, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Yeah I'm also on my second Movi Pro. To be honest I've gone back to my M15 as I can't get the Pro as stable in flight, especially on longer lenses. My second unit is still impossible to balance on the pan axis, I guess due to a manufacturing fault like André says. It's super frustrating as the Pro is a much more robust design but I can't sacrifice aerial stability for the features it brings so until a firmware update or something makes it better in the air I'm sticking with the M15. I've made a power distribution cable that runs everything including the camera, gimbal, HD link and LCS off the two batteries on the gimbal so apart from the weaker pan motor it's pretty much like a Pro but it's also lighter so I get a little more flight time. I use some gens ace batts instead of the Freefly ones for a higher C rating but it powers everything for about 30 mins. And the batteries are hot swappable as I added diodes in to stop the current flowing back into the batteries.

It's pretty annoying having a new gimbal I can't really reliably use but hopefully something will come along to sort it soon.

2. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

Hi Ben and thanks for responding. I think I will just rent an M15 for this shoot. I have two modified M5s and they do great as long as I keep them within their limits. But a Mini and a Hawk V-Lite is just a bit much for the structure. I have flown the combo and it works great, but it puts a lot of stress on the frame.

Someone could make a fortune developing a stronger pan motor kit for the M15.

Wayne Mann
    www.HeliCamHighDefmedia.com

3. Stefan Helborg

Hi Ben

Any news regarding this issue?

I have also this problem. The other day I turned on my MoVI in its ring stand and noticed, that there were small vibrations in the roll aksis.

Then, via the app, it asked to be updated with the latest firmware. When this was done, the small vibrations were gone ... Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to test it on my drone yet.

4. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Hi Stefan. I've got some settings that seem to work pretty well with the Alexa mini set up I use most of the time. I never really change the stiffness settings if I change to different lenses etc but I sometimes need to adjust the filter settings a little to tune out a bit of harmonic vibration. I found the performance got a lot better on the beta firmware then has continued to work well with the latest firmware. I can share my settings if you want

5. Stefan Helborg

Yes that sounds good. I would be happy to hear your settings. I do know, that it might not work perfectly on my gimbal with RED, but it's woth trying your numbers :)

6. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Here it is:

Gyro Filter,5
    Heading Assist,0
    Jolt Rejection,2
    Output Filter,1
    Output Pan Filter,9
    Output Roll Filter,1
    Output Tilt Filter,1
    Pan Hold Strength,30
    Pan Joystick Expo,10
    Pan Joystick Smoothing,9
    Pan Joystick Window,20
    Pan Smoothing,10
    Pan Stiffness,130
    Pan Window,5
    Remote Rate Scale,110
    Roll Hold Strength,19
    Roll Stiffness,160
    Tilt Hold Strength,19
    Tilt Joystick Expo,10
    Tilt Joystick Smoothing,9
    Tilt Joystick Window,20
    Tilt Smoothing,10
    Tilt Stiffness,122
    Tilt Window,5

7. Stefan Helborg

Thanks Ben

So it's right, that the newest firmware helped a lot on the problem? I assume you uses the MoVI Controller right?

8. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

No. I use a Futaba 14SG

9. Stefan Helborg

10. Patrick Zander

Patrick Zander New Member

any news here? seems we´re almost having the same issues :/