/dist/images/branding/favicon

The Grief Counselor is back...and needs help ;-)

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Steve Maller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Hello, all. Long time, no see.
    I am sorry for your loss(es) in my absence.
    I have been otherwise occupied for quite some time, and for a variety of reasons am now back in the air with my ALTA 6 and MōVI M5.
    I went through quite a bit of checking of all my stuff, including updating all the firmwares and apps.
    However, one thing that appears to have gone missing is Position Hold on my ALTA. The Futaba T14SG is talking via SBUS (this was re-set to DSM in the ALTA firmware update), but once I figured that out, I don't seem to be able to select Position hold (the upper setting on switch 5).
    Is there something I've got to do? I removed the jumper in the ALTA, but it does appear that the settings are correct. So I've replaced the jumper. Here's what I see in the app...it never changes from "VARIO". I thought I remembered the "POSITION" indicator would change, or something like that.
    The copter flies, but I'm not certain it's operating correctly (I had no trouble flying it).

HELP (he cries quietly to himself)

Thanks!

IMG_8933.jpg

2. Mark Hoffman

Mark Hoffman Active Member

Steve
    I would try going into the menu of the futaba and try increasing the throw percentage for that channel and see if that will activate it in the app. I'd tell you exactly where that is in the futaba radio menus but I don't have mine with me right now.

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Well, I just went for a bare-bones flight, and it looks like I was wrong...the POSITION indicators only light up in the app once the ALTA is in the air, so I guess I this is a false alarm. Will have to go for another fly with an eye on the app again and make sure I've got her properly configured.

Sorry. I'll crawl back in my hole now. :oops:

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Steve:
    Welcome back.
    Yeah, the mode doesn't change when it's on the ground.

I'm also a bit alarmed to hear that the tx changed mode from S.bus to DSM when the firmware was upgraded....that's going to cause some grief to others (and they'll probably need counseling!)

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Steve Maller likes this.