/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cutting tube

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by blubber, Jan 22, 2018.

1. blubber

blubber New Member

Hello
    i want to cut my tube (from the mimic holder) for some better handling. Does anybody did this before? Any suggestions to do it correctly and how did you fixed the open end of the tube?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

H iblubber , welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

To cut carbon fiber tube, I'd do a Google search for just that to see if there are better ways that what I'm about to describe...(search for cutting carbon fiber tube or cutting cf tube).

I believe the usual way is to use something like a Dremel with a cutoff disk, but wrap the point where you're going to cut the tube with masking tape to avoid what is sometimes called multi-laminar defoliation. You may know it as "fraying at the end." :rolleyes:

Also remember to wear protective eye gear -- sometimes those cutoff disks engage in rapid unplanned disassembly and the shards fly off in all directions. Also a face mask as there will a dust storm.

Thanks
    Andy