/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mimic´s battery

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by sebastian navarro, Dec 13, 2017.

1. sebastian navarro

sebastian navarro New Member

Hi! I just wondering if is normal that the mimic´s internal battery dies if left unused for a week. Actually it won't turn on until I plug it to the usb. I don't use the mimic regularity so I don´t know if is normal or not that the battery discharge from 100% to 0% in less than a week.

greetings

sebastian

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I've noticed the same behavior, Sebastian. I don't know whether I'd go so far as to call it normal -- but I infer it's a combination of the battery's internal self-discharge or perhaps some chips in the MIMIC are causing a current drain. Pure speculation on my part, though.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

There's supposedly a 'handshake' of buttons you can press on the Mimic that enables a Travel mode, and supposedly keeps it from turning on accidentally. I'm not sure if this mode also prevents the battery drain, but it's not a well-advertised feature, and I can't remember which buttons to press to enable it. Maybe Bryan or Deniz can post about it?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

5. Matija Petrovic

Matija Petrovic New Member

Same problem here, battery drains in one night from full to empty :(

6. Andrea Cecchini

The same happen to me regularly. The battery is a SHAME!

7. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

One solution I have is to mount a cheap USB battery to the side of the Mimic with dual lock velcro, and I have a short little USB to USB-C cable to keep it neat.

I like USB batteries with a push-button indicator and 4 LED's that show how full the charge is, and they sell on Amazon for like $12. Two or three of those batteries will keep your Mimic running around the clock.

P1000773 (1).jpg

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah...I use the same little battery -- but the MIMIC does have an internal self-discharge it would seem.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

9. sebastian navarro

sebastian navarro New Member

Hi! I just tested the mimic´s battery enabling the shipping mode and store it for a week( Pressing all function button while powering off the mimic. To reactivate it you have to connect the usb cable to any usb charger and turn it on). Now I have powered the mimic and the battery is at 96%. So is better to leave the mimic in shipping mode if you are going to store it.

Greetings

sebastian