/dist/images/branding/favicon

over-current protection

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Brian Valente, Mar 28, 2017.

1. David Beard

David Beard Member

I have had success with RedRock motors by doing the following. First thing when booting up MoviPro and Movi Controller, I load factory defaults on the fix axis config page for any motors I'm using, which is typically focus and iris. As long as I do this, and the motors are positioned on the sides of the lens barrel, and not wedged up against, (which I've experienced causes binding and faults) I've had pretty much flawless performance. It's irritating that I have to go through this process every time I boot up the gimbal, but I'm getting by for the moment.

Does anyone at freefly have an explanation for why these settings aren't saved in memory when the units are power cycled?

2. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

There was a bug in the firmware that caused the system to crash when you tried to save settings on the FIZ Axis screen in the controller. It has been squashed as of the latest stable firmware release v1.2.

3. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

We had 3x Hedens "internal controllers" fail/burnout when used on the Movi Pro :(

Unfortunately a pretty expensive fix... using the Preston for now on till something gets addressed in a future firmware update.

4. Jair Guillen

Jair Guillen Member

How that this problem ends? I am thinking in purchase some torque motors for my MōVI Pro and XL, please any advice I would really appreciate.

5. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

Hi Jair, we from Chrosziel have not one motor sent in for repair with burned motor. Maybe this helps at least for the CDM-100M motors. Let me know if I can be of any help! Check out our YouTube-Videos too. Best Timm

6. Jair Guillen

Jair Guillen Member

Hi Timm, thank you for your response. I finally got 3 Chrosziel CDM-100M motors, before I start to use it, can you give me some instructions for better calibration with my MōVI controller or Mimic?

Regards.

7. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

Hi Jair, have a look here: https://www.chrosziel.com/lens-motor-freefly-movi-pro-gimbal/ At the very end, we show how-to videos about the right settings and calibration tips in 2 short YouTube-Clips. Is this helping you?
    Regards, Timm

8. Jair Guillen

Jair Guillen Member

Thanks Timm, I had already seen those videos. With the Mimic, for now, my 3 motors work fine, but my problem is with the MōVI Controller, at the beginning, I can calibrate them and all is fine, but after a while, the controller says "failed". Please make a tutorial on how to do calibrate and use your really nice motors with the MōVI Controller. Thank you very much again!