/dist/images/branding/favicon

connect movi controller with movi xl

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by JUAN HERNANDEZ, Dec 28, 2017.

1. JUAN HERNANDEZ

JUAN HERNANDEZ New Member

Hi, I'm new to freefly systems, I've got a movi xl and the movi controller, I would like to know how I can match them, thanks

2. JUAN HERNANDEZ

Hi, I have a problem with the equipment, I just want to know if to use the movi xl with the movi controller it is necessary to connect the transmitter to the COM1 connector and if so it should be turned on, I have tried that but the receiver does not turn on any light.

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

4. JUAN HERNANDEZ

Thanks for answering, I'm doing the same thing, but no light is turned on the receiver, it's as if it did not work, the movi xl turns on well, I control it from the phone, I still move it from the timelasp section, the movi controller it lights up well but what is very strange is that it does not turn on the led of the receiver once I connect it to COM1.

5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Are the Controller and the Receiver on the same channel, both in the menus of the Movi Controller and on the Receiver itself? Did you bind them together? In the App, have you set Radio Type to Movi Controller?

What if you plug the Receiver in to Com 2? Do any lights come on? Do you have a different cable you can try? And does the Spine D-Tap port work, the one that's sitting between Com 1 and Com 2? That might indicate if it's getting power to that area.

If none of that works, I suggest you contact support@freeflysystems.com and ask for help there. You could also try the Facebook group for Movi XL Owners, as it seems to have a broader collection of people who can respond to you.

6. JUAN HERNANDEZ

Hello, after so many tests I started to investigate a little more, I began to look at voltage of each part of the MOVI xl and the receiver, the MOVI xl on the output gives 5v correctly, then I tried if the 5v went through the cable and the connectors , was all right, discarding the idea that will not get the COM1 5v, then feed directly from a battery block of 1.5v to join several to get 5v power to the receiver and I was surprised that if it worked the LED light was on, I was getting a little crazy, I started to investigate more and look at the positions of the connectors and there was the problem that the connector was mounted on the contrary, I think it is the connector it is also possible that it could be the COM1 connector but I do not have another MOVI xl to test.

7. JUAN HERNANDEZ