/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Not Booting Anymore

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Brandon Obey, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

Has anyone experienced boot errors or crazy shutdowns.

I had a shoot two days ago on the Scarlet-W, Zeiss Milvus lenses, WCU-4 Follow Focus, Action Product Video Transmitter, Iginite Digi Offsets and Power Adapter. I have used this setup before without any issues. But on this shoot, right in the middle of the shoot the motors would fail rather I did a semi-hard roll, tilt up, pan, or if it sits idle. When I would try to boot back-up the Movi would not boot just the green light would come on (which indicates sleep), even though the camera was still on receiving power. We ended taking 45 mins to troubleshoot - rebalancing, resetting the TITH, mounting and unmounting batteries just to get the Movi Pro out of the sleep cycle- still kept getting crazy motors fails and the Movi Pro would keep getting stuck in the sleep cycle, even though I would un-mount and r-mount the batteries. I had to ditch the Movi for the rest of the shoot.

The following day I went to a camera house to do some troubleshooting to rule out certain things. So, I went put a camera in a barebones setup on the Movi Pro. Just camera and lens, still got the motor failing. I took off the Ignite Digi Offsets, and mounted the original FreeFly Offsets, but still got the motor fails and the non-boot issues w/ the green light. As of right now, no matter what I try the Movi Pro won't boot just the green light indicator.

Has anyone else experienced these issues- whether it was motor fails or the Movi Pro being stuck in the sleep cycle?

2. Matija Petrovic

Matija Petrovic New Member

Try to take out microSD card from the movi and then try again.

Matija

3. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

I tried that still no success. I even tried booting with the mimic on just in case still no success

4. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

One interesting tid-bit of info I noticed. When Movi App is open I can see my movi in the devices menu after tapping the "Connect" option. I can even see the signal from the Movi Pro even though the movi isn't on just the green light indicator. If I touch the movi I can see the signal bar jump from 1 to 3 to 4 full bars, still no motors are activated and the movi is not on.

If I select Movi Pro in the devices menu, all I get is "Connection is Pending".

5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Have you heard back from Freefly?

I often have to fully quit the app and restart it on my iphone by double-tapping the home button and swiping up on the app. Otherwise, I lose connection to the Movi. It shows up but won't connect. In fact, I almost always have to do this if I've been connected to the Movi and then go check my email on the phone or something, and then try to come back to the Movi app.

Did you try turning Data Logging off with the Micro SD card removed?

6. Chris Olson

Chris Olson New Member

Having the exact same issues, please post here if you find a solution! Currently looking for a hard factory reset, but I can't seem to find a way...

7. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

The option to turn off Data Logging is not even available since it will not populate my Movi Pro

#7 Brandon Obey, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  8. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

Chatted with support via email over the past week. Yesterday I shipped my Movi to them. I will keep you guys updated as far as the diagnosis goes. They did inform me that they will not test the Movi with any of the Ignite Digi products even if I sent it with my Movi. I do understand this from their point of view, But from an operator/customer stand-point it would make sense to test it with those third-party products that majority of us are using. Ask yourself this: How many of use are using tilt offsets or power adapter? At least testing the Movi Pro with the more popular third party accessories would give the users and Freefly better information as far as what to lookout for.

I mean they did this testing with follow focus systems like Heden, RT Motion, and Chroziel; in addition to the RED RCP protocols to ensure functionality with the Movi Pro. I love the Movi Pro, but until a more reliable all-in-one battery solution is rectified for the Movi Pro I will still use Ignite Digi Power adapter with Gold mount Batteries. And when I am shooting with Cooke s4's, Master Primes, etc. I will use the tilt offsets. Why? Because I know these systems work.

Still a Freefly supporter over DJI anyday

Chris Olson likes this.