/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro boot problem - Micro SD card

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Matija Petrovic, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Matija Petrovic

Matija Petrovic New Member

Hello everyone,

today I have problem with powering up the Movi Pro. Boot was very slow and when I try to shut it down, motors shuts down but lcd monitor stays on, monitor is not working but display is on.

When I put micro sd card out everything seems to be normal again, but when I put sd card back in, same problem again.

Can someone explain me what's on that sd card, when I try to see what's on the card, my computer doesn't recognize it.

I made video with the problem and "solution", it's in real time so you can see how much time I need to wait for Movi to boot up, and how it looks when I shut it down.

Thanks everyone in advance!!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

There may be a mangled file system on the SD card, Matija. If that's the case it's freaking out the MoVI Pro's firmware.

Can you format it in a PC or a Mac as a FAT-16 (EDIT : NO! It should be FAT-32. Sorry. Andy.) PC format? (I'm going from memory that that is the correct format -- If I'm wrong I'll repost).

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

#2 Andy Johnson-Laird, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  3. Matija Petrovic

Hello Andy,

I try it on Pc and on Mac and neither doesn’t recognize it. Now I’m working without that card and everything seems normal. That’s why I want to know what is on that card and can Movi works without it for longer time.

Matija

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The card is used either for firmware updates or as a place to store data logging from the MoVI. Sounds like you have one dead microSD card, I'm afraid, Matija... :(

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Matija Petrovic

Well, that will be great if just sd card is dead :)

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The fact that neither a PC nor a Mac recognize the microSD card is really the telltale that says it's an ex-microSD card (bereft of life, joined the choir eternal, etc. -- assuming you watched Monty Python, Dead Parrot Sketch)....

Cheers
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

Matija Petrovic likes this.
  7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh....on the Mac -- if you try Disk Utility does it see it? You might be able to re-format and bring it back to life that way (Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility).

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

8. Matija Petrovic

Hello Andy,

I will try that on the Mac, or just buy new sd card :)

Thanks,
    Matija

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Understood. Sometimes the Windows/Mac OS fails to mount an SD card if the file system is mangled -- but Disk Utility detects the physical SD card and can initialize the file system.

By the way, I was wrong! It should be FAT-32 not FAT-16 as I wrote above.

Andy

10. Matija Petrovic

MicroSD card is dead, I will put another one and then everything needs to work fine :/

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Please post again once you have tried the new microSD card, Matija -- it will help other forum members if they have the same problem.

Cheers
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

12. Matija Petrovic

Everything works fine with new microSD card. I also put new one in mimic just in case.

Matija

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks for posting Matija. Good to know that that solved the problem.

Cheers
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

14. Stephan Knight

Stephan Knight New Member

Hey Matija, I have this exact problem.

When you put the new micro sd card did it let you update the firmware like normal?

Im going to rig my movi and test this my self to.

Im so happy I found this thread. Freefly where telling me to ship my Movi from London to the US for them to have a look at which meant id loose out on so much work.

Best,

SK