/dist/images/branding/favicon

Noise on Tilt

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by Matias Mesa, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Matias Mesa

Matias Mesa New Member

Hi.

Im getting a strange noise on the tilt axis. Its not related to power settings since it happen no matter what setup I use. How do I contact support??? I sent an email las week and got no reply.

Thanks

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Matias, I saw your post on Facebook. If you sent the email to support last week, I would imagine Freefly has been closed since Wednesday afternoon for the Thanksgiving Holiday here in the US. Many businesses weren't open on Thursday and Friday, and of course the weekend. You might try them again tomorrow if you think it didn't go through.

Good luck, and please keep everyone posted as to the cause and the result.

3. Matias Mesa

Matias Mesa New Member

Thanks for the update, I didn't realize the Thanksgiving holiday. Will try again on monday.

4. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Your inquiry was received and will be responded to, as the auto response indicated, so there is no need to try again or follow up with us.

I know it seems like a generic response, but but the auto-response is worth reading. The one you received had a noted the following important information:
    • Freefly was closed Thursday and Friday, with regular business hours resuming Monday the 27th.
    • The basic priority system we use to sort incoming questions, to set expectations for response time to your question/concern. In your case, "Existing customers with non-time critical technical issue: 4-5 business days"
    • And finally, "Replying to this email before you hear from a tech will re-sort your inquiry to the bottom of our queue chronologically, and may delay our response."

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Matias: Out of curiosity, can you describe the noise -- or even upload a short audio or video clip so that we can hear the noise? Is it low or high frequency? Buzzing or grating?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

6. Matias Mesa

Matias Mesa New Member

I don’t know how to upload a video. The noise is like if something would be loose but it only happens with the motors engaged. It’s a grinding noise. I uploaded a video on the FACEBOOK group

7. Matias Mesa

Matias Mesa New Member

Hi,

I never got a reply from the auto response server. Please let me know.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Not sure which of the several FB groups you posted the video to, Matias. To upload a video to this forum, it's best to compress it into a zip file (not that that compresses it much, but it changes the file type to .zip -- which is a file type the forum software allows you to upload), and click on the button to the immediate right of "Post Reply," marked "Upload a file."

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

9. Matias Mesa

Matias Mesa New Member

Im trying but it is telling me that the Zip file is to large and its only 4.1 MB. Suggestions? Thanks

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That's very strange. I just checked and the size limit is 10,000 KB (weird units, but...) so that should be 10 MB.
    I also changed the list of file types so you can try uploading .mov or .asf. (Let me know what file type you're using for the video).

The other trick is to post the video on Dropbox or Vimeo and just post a link.

Hope this helps.
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

11. Matias Mesa

Matias Mesa New Member

How about now??

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmmm. Sounds like a cracked balled bearing or dirt in the bearing raceway....either way, I suspect (but FF will need to confirm that it's something that will need FF's assistance to resolve.

I infer that it's only happening on one side?

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™