/dist/images/branding/favicon

Black magic micro cinema camera!

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Laurence Hamilton-Baillie, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Laurence Hamilton-Baillie

Finally a camera that's been designed from the bottom up for use on octocopters! I'm hoping this will work with the lumix powerzoom lenses (unlike the pocket camera). Being able to zoom in and out using the lanc without the need for a motor and ring on the lens would be sweet!

2. daniel clarke

daniel clarke Member

3. Hannes Frigård

Has anyone used the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera yet?
    The pwm/s-bus connectivity, especially if it is possible to use it to control all camera functions (including zoom), is an interesting feature.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Kickstarter? I wouldn't spend a paycheck on that. Looks a little sketchy. Don't think they've delivered anything yet.
    Haven't seen the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera since NAB, either. And that is still showing "New Item" at B&H, so there aren't any of those in the wild yet, either. But remember, the Micro Cinema Camera is HD only, so maybe not that interesting compared to the plethora of 4K options out there.

5. Michael Elsegood

I am currently using and testing the Micro Cinema Camera.
    The SBUS control is amazing. It can even control Focus of Canon L Series lenses through Speedbooster (can literally pull to any mark of focus) I haven't tested zoom, as I don't have a servo lens, but I can't see there being any issue.

My only issue so far is between M10 and Micro Camera - They won't both work on same receiver.

It works perfectly between M15 and Micro, but obviously not the right MoVI for the job. I have a ticker open with support.

6. Robbert van Weelderen

Hey, I'm looking at the Micro Cinema Camera as an alternative for the FS5 I'm flying at the moment. You think it would be possible in the future to control the FIZ functions on the camera with the Movi Controller?

7. Adam Etheridge

We've wanted to fly the Micro using a Movi M5 for a while now but I fear it's too light to work with the M5 without adding weights.

8. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

We haven't done an aerial setup, but we recently shot with a M10 + Micro on a jib setup. It took some time to balance, but we did not have to use any additional weights. It worked really well. Micro had a Sigma 18-35 and RedRock MicroRemote.

IMG_5133.JPG

#8 Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  9. Adam Etheridge

Have you tried it airborn? ie Alta? That's where lightness tends to be a problem.

10. Walter Brokx

Walter Brokx New Member

Can you show or elaborate on how you connected the sbus and with what controller you focus?
    Does the camera power the sbus reciever? (I've got a spare one)

11. Robbert van Weelderen

Any update on using this camera. It still looks quite interesting to me but not totally sure if I should go for it. I currently have a Sony FS5 and Sony A6300. The Micro would give me raw and ProRes with a higher color space than the A6300 would give me. I would use it on the M5 with a wedge unit and a motor for focus (love the Movi controller wheel!!). How would it balance with the Sigma 18-35 or are there any native lenses in this range that would work good without having to resort to adapters.

Another big advantage for the Micro instead of the A6300 would be the full size HDMI connection.

12. Tracy Toledo

Tracy Toledo New Member

That sounds impressive.

13. joh parker

joh parker New Member

I also use this camera. The lens of the camera is really very awesome. If anyone needs service for the camera, they can connect to
    Contact Arlo support. The features of the camera are good.