/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoviPRO Pan Slow Speed and Delay

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Craig Bauer, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Craig Bauer

Craig Bauer New Member

Hi all-

I'm noticing extreme slowness in the rig's responsives to Pan in Majestic mode (both in terms of a delayed response, 1-2 seconds, and in Pan speed, which I'd characterize as a very gentle slow Pan).

I've read thru some older posts, and found a little help... Fixed Mount in Heading Assist helps a bit (but I lose stability). I've frites adjust the Max Response rate, and it's better at 500 than at 200, but still very slow.

Pan Window and Softening are at 1 and 0.

The rig is well balanced (the balance indicators stay very near the middle of the bar graph), and I've tweaked the balance extensively.

Setup:
    MoviPRO
    Red Dragon
    Optimo 15-40 (I've also tried the Primo 14.5 with similar results)
    1x Heden MV26
    Tomahawk
    Preston MDR4
    (all of this weighs in at about 13.5 lbs total)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

Can you post a video demo of you using the rig? If possible post a video of the rig being used, as well as the footage from the test. Also include a screenshot of what your settings are on the following pages: TUNING - Main and Advanced, MAJESTIC, GENERAL - Main.

Is your tilt axis slow to respond as well?

Is there any difference when using dual operator mode, whether with an RC style remote or with the mimic?

That should help us figure out what is going on.

3. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

Have you tried adjusting the window settings using the app? For single operator I set my pan window between three 3° and 5°. For dual operator it is usually set at 10°

4. Craig Bauer

Craig Bauer New Member

Thanks for the replies folks; Bryan at FreeFly Support noticed that the Pan Window speed was at 0 (a result of my hasty thinking "don't wait at all to pan..."), and the Movi was reading that as "don't listen to Pan inputs". After bumping that up to 3, the issue went away. Thanks for the help!

Rolands Zelders likes this.
  5. Chris Perez

Chris Perez New Member

How do you control the Pan Window Speed?

6. Craig Bauer

Craig Bauer New Member

I should have said "Pan Window setting" to be accurate...
    In the App its Configurations/Majestic... then there are the settings for Pan Smoothing and Window (as well as for Tilt)