/dist/images/branding/favicon

Redrock Micro SLS Motor - Not Calibrating Properly

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rob Ruscher, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

So I'm testing out the new Redrock SLS motor and although it started off great, I now cant get a proper calibration. It stutters though out it and then I am only able to go from one end of the lens to the other with no stopping in between (in gesture control).

Things I've tried:

Newest Firmware
    Different Rods
    Each FIZ port
    Restarting/reloading
    All different settings in FIZ setup

Not sure if anyone else has had issues but hoping there's a quick fix for this. Thanks!

2. Brian Valente

Brian Valente New Member

Hi Rob,

you might check to make sure the gears aren't meshed too tightly and therefore are binding. The SLS clamp can sometimes push in, so you want to check the meshing after it's on there.

Otherwise our experience has also been the calibration process often just gives different results from time to time without any clear reason why, even with exactly same stuff (even back to back calibrations). So you might just try recalibrating a second or third time.

Brian

3. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

Thanks Brian. Tried that as well. I'm borrowing the motor from a friend and he hasn't had issues. However I tried it on another MōVI pro with the same results. I'm looking to test another motor this week as well as a different mimic.

4. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

5. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

I have the 3-079-0003 from RedRock Micro. It's a bigger motor, supposedly designed for the Movi Pro, and cheaper. So far it's been extremely dependable with Bush Pilot>Mimic>Fiz.

I looked at the SLS motor but didn't think it had been out long enough and the price was close enough to some of the other motors that I decided that if I had problems with my torque motor I'd just send it back and buy one of the others that have a long history of dependability.