/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi XL IMU Error

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by Joshua Lombard, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Joshua Lombard

Joshua Lombard New Member

Hello

I was on a shoot over the weekend when I experienced the head going completely limp, with the "high torque warning" still displayed, after about 35 - 40 min of shooting.

Power cycling the head was the only way how I could get it out of it's error status for about 1min at a time.

On the monitoring section of the app, it would say IMU error, gyros / accelerometer fail.

After trying to change settings, autotunes, changing batteries (power level was at the time 77%), changing controls, making sure I'm properly balanced, brain storming with people over the phone, using external power for the camera, it continued to cut out and go limp. Only displaying the warnings mentioned above. To add the head was on a crane, on tracks, and used in a very controlled slow manner. Also to note that the crane was stationary for boot and tuning. As well as rebalancing after a lens change.

The camera package was within limits, an Alexa Mini with C series anamorphic lens.

I was using the Alpha wheels with the digital Alpha Link XR transmitter and receiver. Initially it was working 100%, no drift, was extremely happy until it just continued to go limp and we did not manage to accomplish the task at hand.

I had gear checked the head for 5 days prior to the shoot without any major issue as mentioned above.

Any and all input welcome. Iv attached a screenshot of the warnings in the monitoring tab of the app.

Regards

Josh
    Screenshot_20170910-124545.png

#1 Joshua Lombard, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Josh if you haven't already done so contact Freefly support at support@freeflysystems.com. I would have suspected the batteries but since you changed them out and issue continued is probably something the support team will need to resolve.

3. Joshua Lombard

Joshua Lombard New Member

Hi Gary.

I have contacted support but have not gotten a reply yet.

Yes batteries was the first thing that crossed my mind. But made no difference after swapping them out and powering cam off of an external block battery. I think it to be highly improbable that they could be a issue as they where charged and it was their first official job so they are really new still.

Will standby for a reply from. Support, cheers.