/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pro and the Canon C300M2, a good match?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by alain baars, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Good to know about being able to keep the 'Helmet' on.... I just automatically removed it the other day when I was working with the C3002. The new top rail design is pretty genius.

2. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

Fit the Mk2 today. I wasn't able to keep the helmet on but I still have the Canon one so maybe Zacuto is thinner. It does however fit and I used the hot shoe thing for the top which worked well and simplified the build slightly. I didn't see much more room to play with up and down. The eyepiece which was a pain in the M15 doesn't seem to be as much a problem. I obviously didn't build out a big lens but there seemed to be a few more inches out the back.

Attached Files:

3. Kyle Jones

Kyle Jones New Member

If I replaced the vertical cage rods with taller ones, what would be the max height I could use? I found some pretty cheap 8" carbon fiber 15mm rods I want to try on my C300 Mark II so I canuse a quick release plate in addition to the top mounting bracket.

Thoughts??

4. Giorgio Litt

Giorgio Litt New Member

Florian, I wondered if you may have a picture of your C300ii + Zacuto Helmet + Z rail mounted on the top of the helmet. Does this all still fit in the cage? I want to make sure it all fits before ordering the Move Pro. Thanks!

5. Florian Klaes

Florian Klaes New Member

It fits, feel free to stalk my insta feed:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVeoHs6gmsZ/?taken-by=chainshot.de

BUT and thats a HUGE BUT(T) - i removed the viewfinder of the c300-2, voiding the warranty and risking the function of the camera - works like a charm (!).

Removing the viewfinder via surgery has the huge advantage that i can slide the camera out and into the cage backwards.

Also i should point out iam running on the extra special kessler M-Pro kwick release on there aswell... only the best of the best for this setup... it was fiddly getting all parts and configuring everything as needed but it is sooooo worth it.

6. Giorgio Litt

Giorgio Litt New Member

Thanks for this.

If you're amenable to it, I'd love to see a little closer up, so I can see the zacuto helmet, the zrail, and the movi top bracket.

Also, are you saying that your setup would not fit if you didn't remove the viewfinder? I wouldn't want to do that for a few reasons, so I'm wondering about compatibility of c300ii+zacuto helmet with a centered zrail (for the zacuto handle) with Movi Pro.

Removing all of the zacuto hardware on the c300ii to switch between the Zacuto recoil and and Movi Pro is less than ideal and perhaps even a deal breaker. Though incidentally I bet my 1dxii would go on it more often.

7. Florian Klaes

Florian Klaes New Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVfKVL7AtrS/?taken-by=chainshot.de

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUgyrsAl7v5/?taken-by=chainshot.de

The rail isnt centered any more, a little sideways off but it works...

If the EVF is on you have to slide the camera in from behind the cage and that forces you to hold/move the cage in a weird position.

I can just say this exact setup works for..it wont might work for you, espeially if you are not on the exact same part/rig... maybe try and test at a local reseller?

I just dived into the m-pro and hoped for the best...and made it work for me. :)

8. Giorgio Litt

Giorgio Litt New Member

thanks, the first link is helpful.

And thanks for confirming that as is, c300ii+zacuto helmet+1 zrail will fit without modifications, but perhaps with some added annoyance (in comparison to other sensibly shorter camera bodies like any Red or the Alexa Mini).

9. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

You could order some longer 15mm carbon fiber rods and cut them to whatever length you need to make the cage a little taller. I've put the C3002 on the Movi several times without removing the EVF, but I couldn't fit that helmet. I used the C300's hot shoe to put the top rail on the camera. It only takes a minute to take that helmet off, but I don't know about the Recoil kit.

10. Giorgio Litt

Giorgio Litt New Member

You're right. And taking the Zacuto helmet off isn't difficult per se, but it is incredibly annoying. And slow. There's at least three bolts. So I really hope Canon is reading this.

#30 Giorgio Litt, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017