/dist/images/branding/favicon

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hugh Bell, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Hi Alison. Im an Op / Technician fully equiped in Argentina.

2. Simon Butcher

Simon Butcher New Member

Hi everyone, I'm a DoP working in the UK and I need some advice......... I have a single long take project I'm preping and think that the Movi Pro could be the answer, with some concerns. During the film we travel from a burning building into a vehicle out and then back into it, travel through the city and then arrive on a large set for a further 30 mins run time. I can see the need for the move to be in various modes such as hand held with the mimic, supported from a easy rig, carried and possibly on a steadicam. There are also two rope descents. Can any one reasure me that the Movi can do this and if it's possible to go from Mimic to, I assume having the pan locked, to the the easy rig/steadicam? My producer and director do not want hand held but I'm worried that the Movi is putting in a large dose of uncertainty.

Any advice would be very gratefully received!

3. Dalton Cruz

Dalton Cruz New Member

My Name is Dalton Cruz and i may be out of my league here with my small GoPro but i've been filming things for years and never thought it would take me down this road. I've started sharing my content and seems i am going in the right direction, i hope soon to upgrade my gear and make this dream a reality thanks for having me.

Dalton Cruz
    Mr Cruz YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7WHxZLcDxjnMpNbrg3tzzA 19700101-000223.jpg

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm not sure all of us started small with a GoPro, but I suspect many of us did. So welcome anyway.

Do remember that this is a technical support forum for Freefly Systems customers, though.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Dalton Cruz likes this.
  5. Button Szu

Button Szu New Member

Hello everyone, I'm new to here, look forward to hearing from all the member's advices as well as experienced tutorials.
    My name is Button, work as a camera assistant as well as Movi operator, thanks for all practice suggestions and experienced knowledge.

Kindest Regards.

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

7. Rudy Gelenter

Rudy Gelenter New Member

Hello all... I am happy to finally be part of the Movi community. I have a Movi Pro Bundle and a Steadicam Steadymate 30 system and am now learning how to make it all work. Most of my work is corporate and the clients love the Movi.

8. Dr. Tahir Yaqub

Dr. Tahir Yaqub New Member

Hello
    I am Dr. Tahir Yaqub from Sydney Australia. I am a drone pilot and enthusiast. I have a website for like-minded people. I am looking forward to enhance my knowledge of aerial imagery using drones.
    Regards

9. Dr. Tahir Yaqub

Dr. Tahir Yaqub New Member

10. Charles Gleason

Charles Gleason New Member

Hello! My Name is Chuck Gleason, from Katy, Texas (suburb of Houston). Got into flying Mikrokopters to shoot watersports videos at events we hosted over the years. I've also shot some golf courses. Link to videos I've done (some are flying, some aren't). https://vimeo.com/barefootcentral

11. Scott E. Armstrong

Scott E. Armstrong New Member

Hi, My name is Scott Armstrong. I'm from Kennewick, Washington. I work for a TV station and do some freelance work. I have been making commercials for over 33 years. I bought a Canon 5D MkII the year it came out and later got a Canon C100. I enjoy doing commercials and projects with the more Cinema look. I just purchased the MoVI M5. I hope to step up my game and produce even better looking projects. I like to learn and expand my abilities. I'm new to the MoVI, but I got a chance to use one for a few minutes at an Alex Buono seminar a few years ago. I recently got interested in the MoVI watching some videos of Parker Walbeck and Devin Graham. I'm excited to see what I can produce.

12. Szymon Wramba

Szymon Wramba New Member

Hi,
    Simon from Poland here. I'm chief engineer in EKSTRAKLASA LIVE PARK - host broadcaster of the Polish Football Prime league. I have implemented a camera cart based on custom RC car and M15 gimbal carrying our GV LDX-C80 camera with Canon HJ14ex4.3B lens. The gimbal is controlled with the Movi Controller, and the video and data are transmitted with Vislink transmitter/receiver.

13. Tenzin Phuntsog

Tenzin Phuntsog New Member

Hello folks, New Movi Pro user from Montana here. I am a Director, DP and Film Professor in the Bozeman area.

Warm Regards

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Bozeman and its surrounds are a stunningly beautiful part of the world, Tenzin....

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

15. Broatch Berry

Broatch Berry New Member

Pretty new to this Movi world, I jumped into the deep end. I now own three Movi systems, the M5, M10, M15. Loving all the systems! I use some heavier cameras, Sony F3, and Canon C500, Looking at maybe a Sony A7S II, or Canon 1DC, for the M5.
    Happy to be part of the freefly Family :)

Broatch Berry
    Venice CA

16. Shaun Kane

Shaun Kane New Member

Hello! My name is Shaun Kane and I'm in Iowa,USA.

17. David Doyle

David Doyle New Member

New here lads based in Ireland Dublin city, picked up the MoviFreefly this week and am playing around with in on Android.
    Anyway thought I would add myself to the group and stuff, so hello from Ireland :)

18. Laura Conover

Laura Conover New Member

Way back in the days of the Amiga Video Toaster, I used to make videos... on VHS as part of my college major in Communications. It's only recently due to the tech becoming more portable and lightweight that I've returned to the medium. It's a whole new world, thanks to the tiny Movi Freefly and my iPhone. I'm so thrilled - you can fit a studio into a handbag. It's magic, plain and simple.

I stopped making videos and photography for almost 2 decades due to the weight of the equipment. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and some spinal degeneration in 2009, so that's likely why I started finding the gear cumbersome.

Now that the equipment is so lightweight, I'm rediscovering how much I missed taking photos and video. My 'life in the slow lane' lets me notice a lot of details other travelers might miss. I'm absolutely awful with Movi for iPhone so far. But everyone's got to start somewhere. I'm also experimenting with using Movi to improve the steadiness of my still photography. (I put up some of my favorite pictures on Instagram under the name cautionary_snail.)

In my day job, I'm also a nerd. I'm a Quality Assurance Engineer for a wonderful company that makes educational products and software, and aspiring to be a MS grad student in Human-Computer Interaction next year if things go well.

Looking forward to pushing the limits of what this hardware can do! Thank you Freefly!

19. Eric Aerts

Eric Aerts New Member

Hi , Eric from Berlin, Dutch living in Germany. Picked up the Movi 2 weeks ago, testing and making progress every day, sold my Smooth 4 after 3 months, this one is much better.

20. Scott Moller

Scott Moller New Member

I'm Scott saying Hi from Australia! I started with photography, then came across Freefly during film in highschool and love the amazing stories and shots and everything possible with this gear, and have followed it ever since. I recently brought a second hand M5 which I am insanely keen about, and started mechatronic engineering with this company as a huge inspiration! So excited!!
    Regards,
    Scott