/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi M5 Radio not working.

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Joey Gast, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Joey Gast

Joey Gast New Member

I am trying to re-bind my Spectrum DX7s with my Movi M5. It has worked before. I used the mimic for a while but then I did a reset on my Movi.

The radio on my Movi only blinks (orange) once at startup. I have tried binding and nothing works.

Let me know what could be wrong!

Thanks!
    Joey

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

It's a little hard to know what is wrong from your description Joey.
    Can you confirm that you're following the instructions for the transmitter shown on page 7 of the Spektrum DX7s manual. The instructions for the MoVi's receiver are not described in the Spektrum manual, of course.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Joey Gast

Joey Gast New Member

I have tried connecting using the instructions in the manual. I have the radio set to the correct mode. When I turn the movi on, the radio on the movi blinks orange once and then never blinks again.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

5. Walter Brokx

Walter Brokx New Member

I experience the same problem as Joey.

I follow the instructions as posted (they always worked for me), but now after 'Bind Radio' and rebooting the Movie the DSMX reciever blinks orange once when poering up the movi and that is it.
    Tried every controller channel (always write those settings before 'bind radio').

The reciever just does nothing but 1 sort orange blib.

6. Walter Brokx

Walter Brokx New Member

After installing firmware 5.0.2 (with mimic reciever disconnected) the DSMX rx finally works normal again. Old fashoined remote control enabled :p

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Good to know, Walter. Thanks for posting the resolution -- it may help another forum member in a similar situation in the future.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert