/dist/images/branding/favicon

Minimum payload capacity of movi pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Michael Izquierdo, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Michael Izquierdo

Michael Izquierdo New Member

We are lifting a very light camera less then 200 grams... and Im trying to see if anyone knows what the minimum weight for optimal performance is on the movi pro?

anyone done something like this. Whats the best way to add weight to it if so.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Michael: Check out https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/co...h2wzwVVEAQYASABEgJXdPD_BwE&is=REG&sku=1141203

I don't see that on the FF store any more -- but specifically look at the circular weights on the right hand side of the image. You can clamp those around the CF rods -- they are provided to increase the mass-in-motion when using an iPhone as a camera.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Michael Izquierdo

Michael Izquierdo New Member

yea that seems pretty good.... you think the weights would mount on movi pro ?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I've not tried it, but it looks like they'd fit on the lower cross tubes. At a pinch you could use the upper cross tubes, but that would raise the center of gravity pretty high and might make it harder to get a static balance of the payload.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Cinemilled makes a Movi Pro base plate and counterweight system. I use it instead of the Freefly plate, and I find it really helpful with DSLR because the camera body is so light that it's hard to slide it back far enough to balance out the lens.

You can also get heavy square washers at your local hardware store. I've used these as counterweights as well.