/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 8 HL - Autonomous

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by RobMartin, Aug 16, 2017.

1. RobMartin

RobMartin New Member

I want to auto pilot this beasty.
    What's the best way to make it happen??
    Rob

2. Chris Ross Leong

Any of the modern flight controllers combined with a ground station and a decent remote app can make this happen.
    For instance, a DJI A3 type FC with a laptop running the a DJI ground control program, Litchi, or UgCS for DJI would work.

3. RobMartin

RobMartin New Member

Thanks Chris. I'm interested to know if there's any resources that'd detail how this would be setup.
    One thing I've noticed is that these things are all conceptually doable, but practically difficult if you're not in the know.

Rob

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Rob, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

As to your question, you might want to start here as the Cinestars typically used Mikrokopter flight controller, navigation controller, etc.:

http://www.mikrokopter.de/en/products/flightplanning

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Chris Ross Leong

As Andy has said, the MK system is the original one for the Cinestar, and there's plenty of meticulously detailed setup info on the MK site. Likewise for UgCS, Litchi, DJI and the like.

6. RobMartin

RobMartin New Member

Thanks Guys. I think I've got it covered now.
    Was a good excuse to join in.
    Looking forward to sharing more.
    Old tech, but an amazing lift machine.....
    Now I need a Red Dragon.. haha

7. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

It would be similar to how people did DJI Wookong-M builds in the previous years. The main thing as others mentioned you would need to do some out of the box installation. The main thing is constructing some platform that can hold all of the DJI equipment. Like Andy mentioned the original Cinestar was built to place the Mikrokoper ecosystem, which had specific mounting points for their boards. DJI uses little boxes to hows the systems in and typically get tacked on by 3M tape. The tricky part might be finding a Power Distribution System to fit on the plate. You can find such an animal on Famous Hobby which still sells after market Cinestar replacement stuff.

Like Chris said an A3 using Lightbridge 2 would give you all of the autonomous features of the current Generation of DJI RTF units such as the Phantom, Matrice and Inspire series. You would be able to use several apps that are integrated into DJI's ecosystem such as Litchi, DJIGS, drone deploy, and many others.

I still have a Cinestar X8 in the picture that I use with an old Wookong as a backup rig for situations to get around the DJI Geofencing. Wookong will fly at an airport where DJI 3rd gen systems require a specific process to unlock. Not saying you should fly at an airport. But I had a shot that was one mile from one and had an airspace authorization, I had to get a special unlock. It worked, but I had my CS8 rigged as a just in case measure.