/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro main rods to gage not aligned

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Kevin Schmid, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Hi Kevin. Were you able to move the spine tube properly even though the top clamp is glued onto the tubes? I couldn't see a way to properly adjust the spine tubes with the glued clamp in place.

2. Kevin Schmid

Kevin Schmid New Member

We have moved the spine into the right position, not tested it as of yet. But I do not understand what you mean with clued clamps?

Kevin

3. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

On my Pro this clamp is glued in place so I can't see to adjust the tubes because of this. Is yours not glued?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmmm. Mine MoVI Pro clamp looks identical to yours -- there are two recessed machine screws in the top. With those undone are you saying you cannot loosen the clamp assembly?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Exactly. Even with both screws completely removed from that clamp the rods don't move as the clamp is glued in place

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmmm. Seems odd that FF would "screw and glue" (a phrase from woodworking). I wonder whether some excess thread locker is effectively acting as glue. I would open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com) and specifically ask whether that clamp is glued. If it is not you can probably use a spudger (yeah, I know, I didn't make the name up) to pry it apart.
    See https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Laptop-iPhone-Repair-Spudger/dp/B009TWOL50 for the spudger tool of your dreams! :)

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

7. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

It looks like it's definitely meant to be glued as you can see the outline of the glue all around the edges of the clamps where it's glued to the carbon. Does seem very strange and I wonder whether all of them are glued or just some. I have been having a lengthy conversation with support over my Pros imbalance and mentioned the clamp being glued and they didn't say it shouldn't be. I'll double check again though. I've got my Pro performing well but only with the one battery and having both on makes it so unbalanced. Was hoping I could just adjust the tubes to fix it but this clamp being glued had stopped that happening

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmmm. I've looked pretty closely at the clamp on my MoVI Pro -- it doesn't look like it's glued, but I guess the only way to find out is to take it apart but right now (channeling Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry) "I'm not feeling lucky....." -- so I think I'll wait to hear back what FF technomages have to say before I convince myself to undo it...

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

9. Kevin Schmid

Kevin Schmid New Member

10. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

You can see the faint line of glue around the edge of the clamp. The main give away is that the clamps don't move or come off with the screws removed! IMG_1838.JPG

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Nice image, Ben!
    No trace of that white-ish residue on mine, though.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

12. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Hmmm. Interesting. I'll bring it up with support

13. AlexChailan

AlexChailan Member

Hi Guys,

Just to understood because maybe since the begining I have this problem, this is why the pan can't stay on the center when the movipro is off ?

Thanks,

Alex

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Alex: Have you tried releasing the Toad-in-the-Hole and twisting the Movi Pro in the pan axis a bit and then re-tightening it?

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

15. AlexChailan

AlexChailan Member

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your feedback, i keep in mind your tips because actually i am in touch with the support. Let's see !
    Alex

16. Kevin Schmid

Kevin Schmid New Member

Ben, yes that seems to be glue. Lets see what tech thinks about it. Keep us up to date. Txh

17. Kevin Schmid

Kevin Schmid New Member

So I can confirm that I also have glue in that place and the rods do not move much. So I am stuck here now on how to move on.

Any ideas?

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That's got to be a question for FF, I think.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

19. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Yeah I'm still waiting for a reply on that. I'll post when I hear something