/dist/images/branding/favicon

Removing TITH Quick Release while Movi POWERED UP!

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Andrew Visser, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Andrew Visser

Andrew Visser New Member

I'm new to the Movi, and in the process of setting up I foolishly released the Movi Pro from the Toad in the Hole whilst the unit was still powered.

Needless to say the pan motor started to immediately spin, and probably did a good few rotations before I managed to power the unit down again.

Has anyone experienced this before, and does it have to potential to cause any damage to the unit?

I feel as if the Movi is vibrating more than it used to - but this might just be normal - based on what I have read on this forum?

I re-mounted my camera set-up, and re-balanaced the Movi, and it seems to be working okay, except for the aforementioned vibration - which is reduced when auto-tuned at 50% (rather than 70%).

Additionally, does anyone have good tips for balancing the pan of the Movi. I find roll, tilt/vertical to be relatively simple, but find it difficult to get pan right. Any advice would be very welcome.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Andrew: I've not heard of any damage occurring because of this (unless you got your fingers where you should not have have them!).
    Have you seen:
    and
    (See time 1:40).

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Andrew Visser

Andrew Visser New Member

Thanks Andy - seen the first clip, but not the second... will check it out.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

If you need to remove the Movi Pro from the Ring while it's powered up, you can double-tap the power button, and this will put the motors to sleep but keep your camera and accessories powered. Then you can unclip it and mount it to something else, double-tap the power button again, and the motors will awaken.

5. Andrew Visser

Andrew Visser New Member

Very useful tip. Thanks Graham!