/dist/images/branding/favicon

How to mount a pop-n-lock to Preston MDR2/3?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Vinnie Laraway, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Vinnie Laraway

Vinnie Laraway New Member

Has anyone mounted a pop-n-lock plate to an MDR2 or MDR3 yet? Wondering what accessories you picked up to make this work. Thanks.

2. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

3. Vinnie Laraway

Vinnie Laraway New Member

Charlie does the Movi v-lock plate match up with the holes in this for sure? If so how many holes align?

We have a similar plate in the shop and it won't work.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Vinnie, I tried to reply before but the photo uploading on this Forum stopped working, so I gave up. Apparently it's working again.

I use the velcro plate that usually comes with the MDR and bolt it vertically to the side of the camera. I have a cheese plate made by Small Rig that sits on top of the camera, and it has 1/4-20 holes on the top of the cheese plate and on the side, so it acts as a 90-degree plate for me.

One thing to consider, if you mount it vertically, you need to keep it mounted close to the camera because there's not a lot of space inside the camera cage.

Here's the cheese plate:

https://www.amazon.com/SmallRig-Mul...872683&sr=8-14&keywords=smallrig+cheese+plate

Here are some photos to show it mounted to the side of the Mini:

IMG_1221 (1).jpg IMG_1216 (1).jpg IMG_1223 (1).jpg

5. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

2 pop n lock holes don't line up, only one So I only have one screw. It stays tight since there is very little shake. Im happy with it.