/dist/images/branding/favicon

If you had a 2nd chance, would you rebuy the MoviPro?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Adam Brennan, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

I am thinking of getting the MoviPro and selling my M15. Any pros and cons since many have the MoviPro now? I waited until all the commotion died down to see what people are saying.

2. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

No question, I would recommend getting the Pro, but I guess it depends on what you're doing. Unfortunately, the resale value of the M15 isn't very good, but the Pro is worth the upgrade!

I put the M15 up the other day, and it reminded me what a wonderful gimbal it was (still is!), but the Movi Pro is so much improved. I keep the M15 as a backup, but the Movi Pro has much faster auto-tune, hot-swappable batteries that keep the camera up, controls and readout on the back of the gimbal, built-in DTaps (that aren't quite powerful enough), stronger motors, and it seems more reliable.

You can buy just the gimbal, or the handheld bundle. The Ring is a good feature with the set-down feet, but it's not great for travel because it's so big. You might look at the Cinemilled Pro Ring if you travel because it breaks down, but it's heavier. I like the Cinemilled Spindles with the Ready Rig vest, and I have the counterweight plate from them, which I use a lot.

I have 12 batteries and 6 chargers, which is overkill: 8 batts and 4 chargers would do for most things if you have access to power most of the day.

Pop N Locks weren't worth it to me. The Toad on a Stick is really useful for turning short C-Stands into tripods. I have Bush Pilot but mostly use my Bartech on set for Focus.

I still use my LiPo's from the M15 to power some accessories with a D-Tap adapter. I also still use my M15 handles sometimes, and some of the other stuff.

Aaron Marquette likes this.
  4. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

Ditto. Almost word for word.

Aaron Marquette likes this.