/dist/images/branding/favicon

25mm Tube to Eye Bolt/Kong Frog

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Joshua Coté, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

I'm working on a little modification project for my Ready Rig & MōVI Pro. I'm attempting to change how the Ready Rig connects to the MōVI top bar, replacing the Velcro with an Eye Bolt & Kong Frog. I've got most of the components and concepts figured out, except that I can't decide on the best way to connect an Eye Bolt to either end of the top bar.

Does anyone have any recommendations for heavy duty mounts that will give me a place to tap in an eye bolt? This mount will need to be able to hold the weight of the rig.

The CinemaOxide rings look like a decent option, except they appear to be quite large. I'm hoping to have a more compact yet solid way to connect a Kong Frog to the top bar.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you guys might have!

Attached Files:

Noah Campos likes this.
  2. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

Hey Josh, I have another suggestion. Hit me up on my phone and we'll chat about it

3. Erik Blaser

Erik Blaser New Member

Hi Joshua,

See my drawing for a quick concept of how you could make it work. All you would need is some cylindrical stock metal, epoxy, and the right tap and drill size for your Eye Bolt.
    Let me know if you have any questions!

Best of luck,
    -Erik

Attached Files:

4. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

Erik has an interesting solution. A little bit of work involved in that method, and somewhat irreversible, but otherwise it has good stability as well as a low-stack height. Here's a solution that requires no work--

This has a male threaded adapter at the top and a female threaded hole at the bottom, so you can just rotate it 180-degrees to get it to be at the top of your rig for your 1/4-20" eyebolt

http://cinemaoxide.com/site/product/accessory-mount-for-movi/
    [​IMG]