/dist/images/branding/favicon

Landing at which V?

Discussion in 'Batteries & Power' started by Kurt Naeslund, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Kurt Naeslund

Kurt Naeslund New Member

Hello everyone,

I suppose I get a lot of different, or similar answers now, but can I get your advice on at which Voltage you are landing the Alta 6?
    I am using 2 Tattu 9000mAh batteries on this bird.

Some are saying to not drop below 22V, and others are saying to land before going below 21V...all with load.
    I have done some tests and landed at 22.2V now, where I am putting back approx 3500mAh in the batteries...

Please, share your advice :)

Regards,
    Kurt
    Norway

2. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

The goal is not to stress your flight batts, you want to land and have the voltage sag bounce back to 3.7v per cell. Usually that would be around 21.6v loaded before landing, you can push it a bit more (21.5v) if your close & not doing full throttle moves. Some on the forums claim great flight time but go to 21v before landing, over time this will kill your batts... and eventually your camera/drone when you have a full batt failure :)

3. Dejan Mugosa

Dejan Mugosa Member

Hello,

Since there is no good way off knowing by voltage how much battery you used there is another way and a much more proffesional approach to your problem. Its called telemetry.
    This will give you all the details on how much power you are burning in real time (amps), what the voltage is and how much mAh you have used during your flight. It is avalible for futaba, graupner and i think even spectrum is doable.
    Check out Kopterworx Facebook bage for details. Few posts down.
    https://www.facebook.com/Kopterworx/