/dist/images/branding/favicon

Need a USB to Serial Programmer

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Robert Shaw, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Robert Shaw

Robert Shaw New Member

I am so close but yet so far from getting the radian's operational. I need to find an alternative solution for the FFUSB serial programmer. I purchased one similar to the picture in the manual and I am unable to get the pc and the radians to connect. When I connect the purchased USB Programmer, windows says everything is working properly. But when I connect it to the radians constantly connects and disconnects to the pc. I did follow the steps in the FAQ and installed the vitrual com port driver. I am running XP SP2 on this PC. If anyone can help me id greatly appreciate it!

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

I always have to change my com port when i connect mine.

Are you saying it connects then disconnects?

3. Robert Shaw

Robert Shaw New Member

Yes. When the pc sees the cable and the USB programmer. But when I power the radians the pc says there is an err and the USB drive won't work properly. The you hear the tone as it disconnects and reconnects over and over again until I remove it. It also shows up as a Human Iterface Device. Not sure if that means anything?

4. Robert Shaw

Robert Shaw New Member

I don't have the stock USB programmer either. I did get one when I received my Radians. Do you know of an aftermarket USB programmer that will work in its place?

5. Jason Smoker

6. Robert Shaw

Robert Shaw New Member

I saw that, but it shows out of stock. Thanks for all your help! I'm still looking for a solution.

When you have your USB programmer attached to your PC. In the Device manager does it come up as a USB device or a Human Interface Device?

7. Robert Shaw

Robert Shaw New Member

Jason, do you have a USB adapter you would be willing to sell or even rent? I'm running out of options at this point. I'd like to keep the setup I have i stead of spending more money for the brushless setup.

8. Jason Smoker

Hey Robert,
    I am not sure the device manager I would have to set-up up to find out.

No I dont have a spare cable I only have one that I am not willing to part with. I still use my radian gimbal for work as it lighter than the m5 but still works great for photos. Sorry.

What did freefly say out of interest?

9. Robert Shaw

Robert Shaw New Member

Jason,

Thanks for getting back to me man and all the help. Carvec still has them available and is ordered two of them! So one more step closer to getting it 100% operational. I just installed he FPV camera and have it working. However I ordered a HDMI to RCA converter from quadcopter.com and seems they sent me a bad box. I have everything hooked up properly and still no signal from my DSLR to TX. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see about getting another box. I tried 3 different TX and even tried plugging it into the tv from the DSLR and still nothing but a back screen.

As for asking Freefly for help. They told me they discontinued the parts years ago and to see help from this forum page. Glad they did! Everyone on here has been awesome!

What camera are you using on your? I have a Panasonic GH3 now. Looking to upgrade here eventually.

10. Jason Smoker

with your dslr you need have all switch to pal or nstc please check this.

I'm glad you got the cables radians are now antiques in the gimbal world!! 4yrs ago they where top of the market lol!!

We use Canon 5dMKlll, 5DSR and Sony a7rll

11. Robert Shaw

Robert Shaw New Member

Awesome on the cameras! I'm just starting out and doing this on the side! Hopefully be where you're at someday.

As for the settings, I'be set everything up to NSTC and Pal. Tired every channel on my Black Pearl monitor. Tried just running the hdmi cable to the monitor and it worked. I seriously think it's a bad box. I seriously tried every channel, switched between NSTC and Pal, added power and no power. Unless I over looked something I tried about everything.

12. Jason Smoker

what convertor are u using?

13. Robert Shaw

Robert Shaw New Member

14. Jason Smoker

Ok we have same one! I had have 5v in from the usb connection to get mine to work. I hacked the cable and wired a 5v bec

15. Robert Shaw

Robert Shaw New Member

I tried it with and without power Thats why I'm thinking it's the box.

16. Jason Smoker

17. Robert Shaw

Robert Shaw New Member

Thanks! I stared reading the posts. I checked my camera and the GH3 lets you change the video output for the HDMI. I was set to auto which was probably sending the signal out at 1080p. I can change it down to 480i. Going to give that a shot before I call. Thanks again Jason.