/dist/images/branding/favicon

All motors turn off simultaneously.

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Tim Evanson, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Tim Evanson

Tim Evanson New Member

Hello all,

I have been using the M10 with a C300 and Canon EFS 10-18 since early spring in Minnesota. It has been working pretty good. Starting 2 days ago, the M10 motors all die on me at the same time after running for a while. The gimbal just goes limp. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Most of the time they die while sitting in the stand or I am holding it at rest. Sometimes it dies during a moving shot. I can not recreate it at will, and it doesn't seem to be caused by excessive movement either.
    I have used different batteries and it still happens. I have reseated the main power cable to the board and made sure the rest of the cables are plugged in tight. When it happens I still have 3 solid LED's.
    While monitoring motor loads through the app, it gives no indication that the motors are no longer working. At rest the loads are between 2% and 5% across the board. It has happened when my battery is fulled charged and just turned on, and it has happened when it has been on for 3 hours.
    The only difference here in the past 2 days has been high temps in the low 90's with high humdity and the heat index at or above 100℉. The first night it happened I did not remember to check the Movi temp in the app. The second night it was a little bit cooler but still high heat and humidity and the operating temp was usually between 42℃ and 45℃.

Any ideas and help and why all the motors turn off at the same time would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Tim: Hmm. When I first read your posting I wondered whether what you were seeing is Set Down Sleep mode -- the symptoms sounded suspiciously like that -- except for when you wrote "Sometimes it dies during a moving shot...."

That makes me think you might be best served by opening up a support ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com)

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Tim Evanson

Tim Evanson New Member

Thanks for the reply Andy. I have opened up a ticket. I just posted here also because I'm looking for any help I can get. It is frustrating.

I investigated set down/sleep as well, but nothing except a reboot wakes it back up again.

I thought perhaps the operating temp might be too high, but I'm not sure if that would cause what I am seeing.

Thanks again.