/dist/images/branding/favicon

M10 boot error

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Chris Bernard, May 28, 2017.

1. Chris Bernard

Chris Bernard New Member

First time using our M10. Camera is on and balanced and I/m connected via WiFi. On start up , the green LED's blink rapidly and nothing happens. I get boot error and drive error on the app. as shown . Does anyone know the issue? What can I trouble shoot?

Attached Files:

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Chris, I have a few suggestions:

The Movi needs to be extremely still when you boot up because it's running a calibration on itself. Even a light wind can affect the boot-up and cause errors.

If that doesn't help, try going into your General tab and turn Motion Booting to 'On'. If it's still failing, try going into Terminal and getting a screen capture of what it says there.

There are other steps you can take if these don't work: re-flash firmware, check cable connections under the covers, etc. And then you'll need to contact Freefly Support, but they probably will be closed until Tuesday for the holiday.

3. Chris Bernard

Chris Bernard New Member

Thanks Graham, It's being done on the floor in the stand indoors ( perfectly still ) How do you refresh or update firmware?

Where is the IMU I want to check connections

4. Graham Futerfas

Did you try turning Motion Booting on? If that works, then it might help narrow things down. It helped me once in a similar situation. I also suggest shooting a video of the problem with your phone, in case Freefly support needs it.

You could also go under Monitor->Terminal and try Default Config and Reboot Controller. Sometimes that can help.

There's Firmware info here:
    http://freeflysystems.com/support/movi-support

Firmware Update is under the Monitor->Status tab. If you don't already have the latest firmware (5.0.2 on the Movi, and Android app 2.1.1), then you can download and update. The confusing part is downloading the new firmware and moving the file to the correct folder on your device using an app like ES File Explorer.

This link shows where you can check some connections. It's not likely this is your problem, though, and you need to be very careful messing with this. It's a last resort. I swear pushing these connectors in fixed the Movi M15 for me once when it wouldn't boot, though it could be a coincidence.

https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/...on-my-MōVI-is-limp-but-the-other-motors-work-

5. Chris Bernard

Chris Bernard New Member

Motion booting is greyed out as an option because of these errors. When booting, I get 3 flickering green LEDS. and a very faint high pitch sound coming from (I believe) the pan axis drive. graph attitude is showing YAW flat while Pitch and roll have wave form. The error is a drive error so that leads me to believe a problem with the pan axis drive.
    Firmware is up to date 5.0.2
    This M10 has never been used. It was bought brand new and just taken out of box now .

Attached Files:

6. Graham Futerfas

If you haven't already, send an email to Support@FreeflySystems.com and they can help you. I hate to suggest removing covers and things on the Movi to see if it's a loose cable if your gimbal is brand new and it's not an emergency. With a brand new gimbal, it's worth talking with the geniuses at Customer Support first.

They'll probably want a video of your problem, so you might consider making one and uploading it to YouTube or something.

I have heard of new gimbals with loose connections. Check out this thread, but be warned that it could cause more problems if you start going poking around your gimbal:
    http://forum.freeflysystems.com/ind...ights-init-failed-help.2260/page-5#post-73617

7. Zachary Mills

Zachary Mills New Member

Hey Chris,

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same issue. All firmware is up to date.

8. Patrick Fenner

Patrick Fenner New Member

I'm having the same problem too. Really am not sure what to do. It's less than a year old so I know I can have them take a look at it. Just confusing because it worked last week, sat on a shelf and then just today won't boot.

9. Zachary Mills

Zachary Mills New Member

I figured it out.

I think the key to my dilemma was the Fail Code 256 when trying to reboot.
    If you see that, try:
    Taking the back plate off of the back of the roll motor, and reconnecting the wires. Then go through every connection point and make sure all wires are secure and screw everything back on.
    Then do a reset, reboot, and reinstall the firmware.

Did this and it seems to be working now.

10. Patrick Fenner

Patrick Fenner New Member

yes I was able to fix mine as well. I used the Movi screwdriver and tried to make sure all cables had a secure connection. Apparently one did not. I don't feel like it's 100% now, but it's at least working.

Thanks for trying to help!