/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Pro // MoVI XL and Black Arm

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Juan Lima, May 7, 2017.

1. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Hi guys. Im currently beta tester of some Flowcine products. I been testing the beta of Tranquilizer anti-vibration mount with MoVI for a long now. Any questions about rig, calibrate Black Arm or how to set up Tranquilizer for different kind of jobs and terrains I will try to help you.

Best,

Juan Lima

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  2. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Some photos of my latest jobs with the gear:
    IMG_5958.PNG IMG_6282.JPG IMG_6848.JPG IMG_5728.JPG IMG_6830.JPG

3. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

May be messaging soon. I have a blackarm with Tranquilizer on order. Should be shipping next week! Cant wait!

Josh

Juan Lima likes this.
  4. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Let me know everything I can help! Best

5. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

IMG_7031.JPG IMG_7024.JPG IMG_7043.JPG IMG_7069.JPG IMG_7111.JPG
    Busy week getting some impressive shots over different kind of roads.

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  6. Will Prosor

Will Prosor New Member

What are those weights in your rig? They look super helpful.

Juan Lima likes this.
  7. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Counterweights I had from other systems. You can screw those in many ways. There are some suppliers of that on the web. There are very helpful.

Will Prosor likes this.
  8. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

9. Amr Issawi

Amr Issawi New Member

which version of blackarm needed for movi pro equipped with Alexa mini with battery and 75mm master prime ?

Juan Lima likes this.
  10. Amr Issawi

Amr Issawi New Member

check cinemilled for similar weights , for tilt and pan

Brandon Obey and Will Prosor like this.
  11. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

The regular one. Single spring (2 x 7.5Kg) it comes with wire rope isolator for best results change that to Tranquilizer mount. In that case 8 weight plates and 24pcs shore 30A for paviment. 16pcs shore 40A for off roads.

12. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

13. Vinnie Laraway

Vinnie Laraway New Member

Would you happen to have a list of other camera/lens configurations and what springs, shores, etc. made it work best?

Also, any testing with the XL and finding configurations that work?

14. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

This is a Beta list:

Shore 20A - 32 pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 21.5kg Target weight : 10.75kg (50%)

Shore 20A - 24 pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 16.1kg Target weight : 8.05kg (50%)

Shore 20A - 16pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 10.75kg Target weight : 5.40kg (50%)

Shore 30A - 32 pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 26.5kg Target weight : 13.25kg (50%)

Shore 30A - 24 pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 20.0kg Target weight : 10.00kg (50%)

Shore 30A - 16pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 13.25kg Target weight : 6.65kg (50%)

Shore 40A - 32 pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 45.0kg Target weight : 22.50kg (50%)

Shore 40A - 24 pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 33.6kg Target weight : 16.80kg (50%)

Shore 40A - 16pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 22.5kg Target weight : 11.25kg (50%)

Shore 50A - 32 pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 55.0kg Target weight : 27.50kg (50%)

Shore 50A - 24 pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 40.8kg Target weight : 20.40kg (50%)

Shore 50A - 16pcs Square inner rings: Totally compressed at 27.5kg Target weight : 13.75kg (50%)

Those works perfect for paviment road applications. For off road works calculate as you target weight were +2Kg more. That's worked amazingly for me.

Tranquilizer weight plate relationship and incoming frequencies/shocks: Weight plates: 2 pcs : +1.2kg 4 pcs: +2.4 kg 6 pcs: +3.6 kg 8 pcs: +4.8 kg 10pcs:+6.1 kg 12 pcs: +7.2kg

Springs are easy: simgle spring (one 7.5Kg on each side) for systems upnto 15 / 16Kg Dual spring system (2 x 7.5 each side) from 16 up to 32Kg.
    Over that you will need Dual Black arm system that in close to be announced as well Tranquilizer XL.

Im not tried XL yet. An XL unit is comming to my market so I will be testing that soon.

For MoVI XL you will need an extention (ready to be announced).

Best

Amr Issawi likes this.
  15. Thomas Schweighofer

Thomas Schweighofer New Member

Hey Juan,

I am having a real trouble with my movipro and my flowcine blackarm.
    I cant manage to get the shots stable, there is something really wrong going on.

Could you be so kind to forward me your email so i can send you pictures of the rig and describe everything what i have done so far?

I am really frustatingly looking for help as i finally need to get the thing going.

all the best and many thanks,
    Thomas

So what i have tried is different setups with the red epic w and a stills photo lens only for low weight and the red with 2 axis lens control, 1 cine zoom, so i tried lightweight and heavy setup, i am getting all the same problems all the time.

I use 24x30 shore and 10 tranquilizer plates, everything should be totally fine, i had shot on the flowcine blackarm 1 year ago and i know what the images should look like, but for an unknown reason i am not getting the results what it should deliver.

I dont know if the blackarm actually is the problem or not, but i assume its the movipro gimbal itself.
    I cant tell what it is exactly, actually i have manually tuned the gimbal and it works totally fine handheld and it works totally fine, no jittering, no shaking no nothing when i remote control into different positions.

However, when it is on the blackarm, you can really see and feel that sometimes systems seem to work against each other.
    Just doesnt produce clean images, sometimes the movi seems to try to push into an other direction which it shouldnt do and the result is just those unstabl shots.

Even when standing still or driving 70mph, its the same, all the time the problem.

I am really looking forward to your help man!

enclosed a few links on youtube so far:

16. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Hi Thomas.

It happens to me sometimes. Camera package is a bit lightweight so maybe you are having to much action on the tranquilizer. Try this to see if action change: lower the plates use just 4 weight plates. Or the contraty keep the plates but jump to a harder duro 16X 40A shores. My favorite setup is 16x 40A shores with 4 plates for a package a bit heavier than that. For normal roads you need harder duros. For off roads softer ones. Cause sometimes I don't have time to change shores on the go in jobs were road are mixed I use a Trick that consist to put 4 shores horizontally between the shore golden rings. That's help me to make on the go a rudimentary stopper. The other think you can try is to check Pan barrels. Maybe a harder ones but barrels are kore relater to Pan jittering. Try to check if change the action. Low a bit your tires pressure is another trick that helps. Heavier camera packages produces better results than lighter packages. Unfortunately there is some physics really hard to avoid. Inertia is a huge factor in favor of better results.
    I will send you my email. Hopes any of this tips help you in this.

Best

Juan lima
    Hi

17. Thomas Schweighofer

Thomas Schweighofer New Member

Hey Juan,
    Thanks for that insane informative and fast reply.

So that was the thing i was assuming, but as i run the red epic w with the sigma 50 100 t2.0 cine zoom, the connex amimon and 2 axis lens control focus and zoom i know its not too lightweight, i actually added weights on the cameras back so i can slip forward in the movi as without it i would not have had the opportunity to mount this headheavy lens with the 2 motors on it...
    So i am sure of the weight is not the problem anymore.

i have 12kg payload now gimbalwise...

So this is actually pretty the right weight i want to have.

What do you mean with too much action on the tranquilizer?
    I mean, it is so crazy as you probably have seen i also have those shaky lags when the car is standing still, its all the time, its just somehow not putting away the vibrations from the around world...

Why would i reduce the plates?
    I have seen people with a ronin and a gh4 only with no plates and with 10 plates and all the time it looked totally well, i dont get it...

Whats the point of adding or removing tranquilicer passive weight plates?

I had also thought of trying to reduce those as thats the only thing i can think of to sort this out.

Also i had the movi on gps which i have changed to normal, or compass mode, i will give both a try, i have heard that gps is not really working as it should, so making things worse...

But, to the fact that how the camera moves and behaves while framing i have a feeling that it is not only the blackarm causing distractions to the system.

I feel somehow that the movi itself is still a tricky beast to handle, however when handheld on the ring and with dual op it works so insanely smooth, so i dont really get it...

Thats a really good tip with the shore and the plates. I am also looking forward to be shooting offroad and both good streets, so i will sort that out as soon as i have a first setup that is really running and realiable.

What are those duros you are talking about?

What are pan barrels?

Thanks for your mail, as it is not going into to strange detail i would like to continue here since there might be some other people in future with the same problem and they can read this.

thanks a lot for those answers,
    Thomas

18. Steven Deneault

Steven Deneault New Member

I have a movipro running an Alexa mini, 22lbs (10kg) payload.

I have the tranquilizer but not the black arm. We are using it on cranes and on a dolly. Pushing dolly around on bumpy floors etc.

I’m trying to determine what is the best setup for the tranquilizer with a 10kg payload when not on the black arm.

Any advice? Thanks
    Steve

19. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Steve, I hate to send people away from this Forum, but you might get more responses on a couple of Facebook Groups, like the Movi XL Group, the Movi Pro Group, and even the Ronin 2 group. Lots of Black Arm users frequent those groups and they tend to be more active.

Juan Lima likes this.
  20. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Hi mates! As Graham says many of us are more active at Facebook groups or even at instagram. With so many people these days and so many groups and forums its hard to solve all anwers. I like and enjoy to help others so I invite you all to contact me directly if you found I miss a question or need a quick help. You can found me on FB and Instagram. Normally Im quick answering at this last one.