/dist/images/branding/favicon

Timelapse problem

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Thorge Horstmann, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Thorge Horstmann

Thorge Horstmann New Member

Hi guys,

i have a problem with the timelapse mode. maybe someone can help me. i couldn't find anything in the description.
    i'm using the new beta firmware.

when i'm using timelapse, i switch to fixed mount. after that i added all keyframes and setup the timelapse.

so first problem is. when i switch between the keyframes, the movi jumps to the keyframes as fast as it could. so that the movi jumps above the keyframes position and i have to click several times at the keyframe to get the right position. so, how can i adjust that?

and the second problem is, when i start the timelapse, the time counter is running at maybe 2x speed. it's not the normal time, it' running throu the keyframes. so, where can i setup the time in the movi or something.

i was wondering if there is a proplem with the gps but i made a calibration and it is still running.
    on my monitor screen there is one warning, i got no sats but everything else is fine.

so, any ideas?

thanks all of you for this great forum.

Thorge
    (germany)

2. Gerfried Guggi

Gerfried Guggi New Member

I'm having the exact same problem!
    Any solution came up till now?

Also Pan axis is constantly very slowly drifting clockwise which also leads to the Movi loosing the positions of the keyframes.
    Will write freefly support as timelapse mode is not useable for me atm :(

3. Ryan Holdridge

I have found that the timelapse mode can be a bit buggy but I did find a solution for the pan drifting. It's also possible that if feels like it's running through the keyframes twice as fast but it's actually just the pan drift that is causing it.

Change the Heading Assist to "Fixed Mount", under Configurations/General/Expert. That solved the drifting for me. I also wrote customer support to suggest that they add that toggle switch within the Timelapse settings itself.

4. Gerfried Guggi

It was definitely an software driven issue on my side

I just updated to firmware 1.2.0 and first tries look promising! Will head out in 2 hours and confirm afterwards if issues occur.

Noel Mathew likes this.
  5. Gerfried Guggi

Ok timelapse mode works for me!

Shot 3 timelapses over 10-15 minute each, no drift, no speeding. Switched heading mode to fixed mount in expert settings of course.

The only thing: when MoVI stops, it's clearly visible as a little shake. So it's not possible to smooth out a pan and keep the timelapse running within the stopped MoVI. I guess with a little post it would be ok, but not straight out of camera.

6. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

v1.2 has been released today. It has some timelapse fixes. Please let us know which issues you are still having after the update. Video demo would be most useful (youtube for easy viewing please).