/dist/images/branding/favicon

Chrosziel MagNum Wireless FIZ Integration MōVI Pro API

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro API' started by Timm Stemann, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

Post function requests, questions and integration bugs here

2. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

Chrosziel has started MōVI Pro API integration into their MagNum wireless FIZ. First integration version to be released will include:
    • Focus, Iris and Zoom control
    • Triggering Camera Run / stop
    • Start Auto-Calibrating the lens motors
    • Clearing faults
    • Setting subrange lens limits
    This will be all integrated in combination with the 4 assignable user keys from the MagNum Hand Unit with its already established features.

Are we missing any additional features of the MōVI Pro you would love to control from the Hand Unit?

Juan Lima likes this.
  3. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Hi Timm. I think an option to change between different modes will be great for complex shots. As well as focus puller is in charge of R/S the camera and FIZ the option to change from Dual Operation mode to Majestic can be very helpful on the set. Dont know if this is possible to do with the API.

Best

4. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

Hi Juan, do you mean just turning of control to hand it back over to the operator? We could do that by just turning off the Hand Unit as an example.
    Best
    Timm

5. Sam Peacocke

Sam Peacocke Member

Hi Timm,

That is great news you guys are doing this!

I think exploring being able to output standard LANC controls from the CAM port on the TSU would be pretty amazing, it could also be great to somehow integrate Hirose 20pin lens control. This would be a great way of controlling new RAW cameras like the Canon C200 with the 18-80mm zoom without having to carry any extra weight of a 3rd part FIZ box.

All the best and keep us updated with progress.

Sam

6. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

Hi Sam,
    great idea. We already control equipment via the protocols you mentioned with our MagNum lens control. Let me have a look if we can make it work with the protocols. However a small PCB needs to be added since we have to do add some intelligence.
    Best
    Timm

7. Shane Haumpton

Shane Haumpton New Member

Hi Tim,

Currently I'm into Canon EOS 200, I choose it to see is the RAW footage out. I spent a couple of hours putting the new camera through the elements, ranging from harsh sunlight, to strong wind and eventually pouring rain. It is for the person who loves to be in the weather when it comes to shooting cinematic images, so the shoot was very enjoyable. At first I did not expect full-fledged RAW quality. The camera just seemed too easy to use and recording RAW is usually less convenient. Either the camera is bulky, too expensive or too difficult to use, or lacks built-in ND filters, etc…