/dist/images/branding/favicon

MōVI Pro with Graupner

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Andreas Riem, May 2, 2017.

1. Andreas Riem

Andreas Riem Member

Guys,
    actually we're struggling to connect our MZ-24 TX with the MōVI Pro. Anyone out there using Graupner with MōVI Pro?

Best,
    Andreas

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Andreas: Based on page 100 of the MoVI Pro manual, I don't think Graupner is a supported Tx. Looks like it is only Spektrum or Futaba.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Andreas Riem

Andreas Riem Member

Andy: hopefully not, this would be a step back, as ppm has been working on MoVI gimbals for such a long time... Graupner PPM is clearly named in the app and I have heard, that Jeti (also ppm) is working too.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah....I recall PPM being there. Wonder why the manual doesn't mention Graupner. You may have to open up a support ticket and send an email to support@freeflysystems.com. Please post again when you get an answer as I'm sure there are/will be other forum users with the same question.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Andreas Riem

Andreas Riem Member

Yes, I left them a note. Bryan mailed me the night (CET) that he's going to be in touch with the development team. Will post the result here.

6. Andreas Riem

Andreas Riem Member

Message from Freefly.

Andreas,
    I followed up with the software guys this morning. The MōVI Pro does not have support for PPM radios.

MōVI Pro software was built from scratch. When we were evaluating features, demand and development resources, it came in low on the priority list. This was mostly due to feedback from users. As of yesterday, you are the first person to contact support trying to use a Graupner radio with a MōVI Pro, out of the hundreds and hundreds that we have shipped worldwide in the last 6 months.

I will make a feature request for PPM support on your behalf. If you know other people that are affected by us not offering PPM support, have them contact us so I can make a stronger case.

Thank you,

Ryan Forte likes this.
  7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks for posting that Andreas!

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™