/dist/images/branding/favicon

Futaba - Velocity Clamps

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by Adam Etheridge, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Adam Etheridge

We love the velocity clamp feature on our Alta.

Does anyone know if it's possible to recreate this feature on DJI Wookong by programming a futaba transmitter? Using programme mix or something similar?

Applying Dual rate to a switch almost achieves this, but as I understand it, it only allows for 2 predefined max speeds, rather than the clamp being adjustable.

Any ideas and suggestions much appreciated!

Adam

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Adam: I suspect that the velocity clamps would be more a function of the capability of the DJI Wookong rather than the Futaba. It's possible that forum member has used or is using a Wokong, but, bearing in mind this is a support forum for Freefly Systems' equipment, you may not get an answer! Sorry!

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Adam Etheridge

Hi Andy - yes, that's completely fair enough. Was just hoping there might be some radio guru's around that were familiar with this particular feature of the Alta....

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The ALTA (and its Synapse flight controller) use two RC channels, one for Velocity and the other for Climb Rate clamps. So the real question you're asking is, does the DJI Wookong flight control have the capability to implement those rate clamps -- and that's the question to be asking DJI's alleged customer support, I suspect. :)

Hope this helps...
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

This an old question, but I will try to answer it. I use the two dials on the front of my Futaba 18MZ for controlling pan rate and tilt rate. The same could be done with the fore and aft, right and left cyclic control and the vertical or collective control. It is done using program mixers in the radio. It has nothing to do with the Wookong. I still fly Wookong controllers, but I have never tried this. I can explain how the mixers work if you are still interested.

Wayne Mann
    Www.helicamhighdefmedia.com