/dist/images/branding/favicon

battery telemetry intermittent on futaba remote ?

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by Michael Izquierdo, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Michael Izquierdo

Michael Izquierdo New Member

The telemetry on the futaba screen is intermittent. The screen will show the telemetry for the remote and Alta for a few moments, then disappear, then come back randomly.... not sure why this is happening? any ideas?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That's curious, Michael.

Can you provide any more information such as:
    1. Is the ALTA on the ground or airborne?
    2. How far is the ALTA from the Futaba transmitter?
    3. Are you using single or dual receivers?
    4. Do you have any other transmitters operating at 2.4Ghz?
    5. Can you post images of your Futaba transmitter showing any other accessories e.g. HD downlink, etc. that might be in close proximity to the Futaba transmitter?

If you are using dual receivers on the ALTA, try re-pairing the transmitter to the primary and secondary receivers again -- I had a similar problem happen when I (hangs head in embarrassment) didn't follow the documented procedure for pairing the dual receivers.

Hope this helps
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Michael Izquierdo

Michael Izquierdo New Member

1. it is airborne or on ground. both give issues
    2. near or far. it doesn't matter. it still goes in and out.
    3. dual
    4. no
    5. the connex is nearby. here is a photo of set up. ( I will try moving some stuff and seeing if that makes a difference. )

regardless... here is the response I received from freefly.
    Regarding telemetry, the telemetry transmission that happens from your RC receiver is much weaker than that of the ground based transmitter. In addition, if you are running dual Futaba receivers, only one of them actually sends data back. If your system switches to the backup receiver temporarily you can lose telemetry data. In short, this is normal. It is recommended to take advantage of the OSD information available in the FPV system as an additional source of information.

here is a photo of set up. I tried uploading but it said file too big.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BS9-I-vjHpL/?taken-by=beverlyhillsaerials

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Michael I do remember that only one RX connected to the Futaba will 'bind' to the TX. Futaba allows for 2 RX's but telemetry from only one. Also the Alta only has the limited telemetry, battery voltage only, coming into the primary RX mounting point.

As Freefly support said there is much more information available from the onboard video OSD system.

I would try rebinding both RX's following the steps in the manual. There are some old posts that may also help you.