/dist/images/branding/favicon

movi pro + mimic issue

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by hyeongjun kim, Jan 18, 2017.

1. James Layton ACO

James Layton ACO New Member

Hi Graham, thanks for the info. I was going to try it on an O'Connor in the test room on Tuesday. Problem is that we have very limited prep time as I'm on recce's, too. We start shooting in anger on Saturday and I'm in real trouble if it doesn't work...

I have tried going significantly further away (20ft or so) and it still doesn't work. Could it be a stiffness thing, or perhaps an interference issue? I've tried it with the Movi controller and Alpha wheels on another rig and it was fantastic. My one may be a faulty one, i guess.

2. James Layton ACO

Thanks Ivan. Did they sort it when you returned it? Were you having the same issue?

3. James Layton ACO

In fact, I just found this. In the comments underneath (on the full YouTube page), someone has replied saying this:

"its a solder issue on the movi not the mimic. solder issue from the movi to the built in transmitter. call freefly support and talk to chris harisson, tell him its the same problem yuri Tereshyn was having."

4. Chris Cardno

Chris Cardno New Member

My unit has had the same issue since I received it and I was hoping the new firmware would solve the problem, but no such luck...which led me here to this thread. I've emailed support, but if the solution is shipping the MoVI 2,800 miles, well, that's depressing. Has it been confirmed?

5. James Layton ACO

I'm afraid I had to send mine back in the end...

6. Collin Enstad

Collin Enstad New Member

Any response from freefly on this?

Mine does the same thing and was a huge hindrance on set yesterday.

One work a round with the ps4 controller was to set it to dual so pan was in majestic and only tilt on the controller. This only worked because I only needed to use the tilt in the shot however

7. James Layton ACO

I don't think you'll get a response from Freefly here. Mine went back and I've heard no more. Have decided not to keep it as I needed that function. I'll buy it again but only with the Alpha Wheels and MōVI controller. Unfortunately, that's a lot more expensive.

8. Benjamin Granet

Same sort of problems with mine.
    I wouldn't trust using it with this type of issues.