/dist/images/branding/favicon

Dual FrSky Receivers

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Antoine Lagarde, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Antoine Lagarde

Antoine Lagarde New Member

Hey guys,

I know it's possible to use two futaba receivers as a redundancy measure on the alta, can I do the same with 2 FrSky receivers ?

Thanks

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Antoine: I don't know anyone who has tried -- what communications protocol do the FrSky Rx use?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Antoine Lagarde

The receivers output regular SBUS, I can bind two receivers on my remote and the two will output the same signals on their sbus output

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmm. In which case, I suspect the only option is to try it! Not sure what FF's take on the warranty might be, though.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Antoine Lagarde

I know that only one works, I was just wondering about using two, as I have no idea how the redundancy scheme is working, but as it's just 2 sbus inputs on the alta I suspect it looks for the failsafe flag on the main receiver that the sbus protocol has and switches to the second if the first is in failsafe

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That seems entirely reasonable -- of course, presuming that the FrSky's implement Futaba's S.Bus not FrSky's "interpretation" of what S.Bus should be! :)

Andy

7. Antoine Lagarde

Yes I really think it's the same as I've been using it on DJI Fcs for years now

8. Julian Berger

Julian Berger New Member