/dist/images/branding/favicon

Changing from MōVI Pro to handheld or tripod

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Chris Fox, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi Guys,

Thought I would share this with you, this is how we shoot with one camera using the MōVi Pro and handheld/tripod trying to be quick on set and making it achievable to use one camera for the entire shoot.

2. Rob Curschman

Rob Curschman New Member

How well does your plate balance with heavier front weight like Cooke S4's, Arri Lmb 25, 2-4x5 filters, Fiz motor on an Alexa Mini?

3. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi Rob,

Here is our very first camera plate in use with Cooke S4's and focus and Iris motors in use. no LMB in this photo unfortunately. Cookies.jpeg
    I first designed our camera plates as we had a need to fly the Cook 2X anamorphic lenses on the drone, and didn't want to add counterweight to what is already a really heavy payload.

I use the side plates to hold the RT Motion and Terradek in lieu of adding counterweight, helping balance the larger front heavy payloads.

I have used the LMB25 in the past, but prefer to use our misfit atom.

Cheers

Chris

4. Rob Curschman

Rob Curschman New Member

Chris,
    Great stuff, will you be at NAB? My friends at Abel were wondering as well. I like the misfit, think I'll add that.
    Cheers,
    Rob

5. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi Rob,
    I won't be at NAB, however Tom will be heading over, love to hook up a meeting.
    Cheers
    Chris

6. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi All,

Just a heads up, if you are heading to NAB in Las Vegas, Tom from Ignite Digi will have all our MōVI Pro products there, including power adapter, camera top and bottom plates, top handle, power breakout, and our brand new quick release bridge plate.

If you would like to see any of the kit mounted on the Alexa Mini in a MōVI Pro then just drop either myself or Tom a message on Instagram

Have a great time at NAB!!