/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro won't boot, only green LED, errors

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Eric Girgash, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Eric Girgash

Eric Girgash New Member

Hey guys I have a weird one here. Freefly has been slow to respond so i'm curious if any of you have experienced this yet.

My Movi Pro went out on a job with another operator and was working fine until they fired up the mimic. The Movi Pro freaked out and ever since then it will not boot up. The LCD screen is black and only the green light lights up. When trying to connect to the app it just says pending.

I can actually get it to fully boot by turning the roll axis upside down. It boots with 4 errors. At this point I can get the app to connect to the Movi and I tried reverting to older firmware. It boots normally and calibrates. I attempt to operate it and everything goes limp and at this point the black screen of death comes back.

In the terminal there is a Fail Code: 256. Drive fail, accelerometer fail, IMU error, status error, and a drive error.

At this point it's starting to look like a hardware error if a firmware refresh is not doing the trick. Could the Mimic seriously fry a Movi Pro?

Anyone out there?

Attached Files:

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

My first thought is to wonder whether there might be any loose cabling. It's hard to believe that a Mimic could fry a MoVI Pro, but I suppose...

FF are usually pretty quick to respond -- did you email or call?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Eric Girgash

Eric Girgash New Member

All exposed cabling seems to be in good order. Tried both forms of communication. Hope to hear back soon so I can get this thing in to service ASAP.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Let us know what you find/do when you hear back from FF just in case someone else has the same problem!
    Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

I had a similar thing with my Pro. I had to send it back to FF as it was down to faulty wiring. I believe they've had it on a couple of units. Might be the same thing.

6. Eric Girgash

Eric Girgash New Member

How long did it take for you to get your unit back? Did an incident occur to yours to make the wiring faulty ie drop etc? Thanks for the info.
    -eric

7. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

No I was actually displaying it at a trade show after having it for a week. Hadn't been dropped or anything. I noticed it had a boot error after turning it on. Went to reboot it and it just wouldn't turn on. Only got the green light like you. I think it's a manufacturing fault in a few units. It took about 2-3 weeks to get it repaired I think.

8. Cam Batten

Cam Batten Member

I had a wiring fault on delivery, was fixed in around 5 business days and sent back all updated and working. Had a problem that wouldn't allow the movi to turn off, but seems similar to cable problems in the past.

9. sebastian navarro

sebastian navarro New Member

Ok. That is a concern for us living outside the US. I live in latin america and I wondering what would´ve happened if something like this happen to us.The hassle of first having to pay the shipping to the US and back and also the time that it takes. Even if is on warranty the thing is that freefly should take more attention to it. New units with faulty wiring?? Is this a professional tool? I believe so.

10. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

I'm having the same error code now. It seems to happen when hard roll is applied like during a running shot. Also wouldn't let me boot up when I'm upside down like on top a tripod. The whole gimbal is buggy in general. Not to psyched about it since I'm deep into a show that relies on it. May have to break out the M15.

11. Eric Girgash

Eric Girgash New Member

After almost two weeks with no reply from Freefly and many days lost on the rental they finally replied and told me to send it in.
    The issue was "faulty internal wiring" and was repaired under warranty. Awesome.

12. Aaron Marquette

Mine is doing the same thing once in a while. Will send in next week. Bummer.

13. alexandre ermel

same problem around here!

14. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

I sent my Pro in to FF and it arrived Thursday afternoon this past week. Its in the Service Queue so ill wait to hear what the problem is. Hopefully Ill have an answer next week.

15. Nils Ruinet

Nils Ruinet Member

Had this same issue yesterday. Movi Pro wouldn't boot, black screen, just the green light. Unable to shut it down. Unable to connect to the iOS app (it sees the Movi but won't connect or display any info).
    Cables seem fine.

Guess I'll have to return it to Freefly, just hope they'll be able to repair it quickly.

16. Franck Tabouring

Franck Tabouring New Member

I had the same issue on my second test after just purchasing it. Again and again, it would not boot up, and only the green light would come on. Then I decided to remove the microSD card that came with the Movi. Since then, I have not been able to reproduce the error and it has been working fine.

Does yours work again after removing the sd card?

17. Nils Ruinet

Nils Ruinet Member

Ah, good question, I've already sent it back to Freefly for repair so I can't check anymore unfortunately. But thanks for the info, it's always good to know !
    Anyway, I'd rather have them repair it while it's still under warranty than wait and have the issue pop up again later... I just hope it won't take them too long !

18. Bhargav

Bhargav New Member

Not on a couple but many units I my self has seen this issue on 7 Movi pro

19. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

20. Neil Willis

Neil Willis New Member

Removing the SD card worked for me too. Nice one :)