/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Heden Fiz Motor Overheating

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by David Beard, Mar 27, 2017.

1. David Beard

David Beard Member

Does anyone have experience with Heden fiz motors on the Movi Pro? Ours seem to be getting SUPER hot, just sitting idle. We're working with two M21VE motors for focus and iris. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. David Beard

David Beard Member

I've had a call into FreeFly since yesterday morning, emailed them yesterday afternoon, called back again this morning, and I haven't heard a peep from anyone. Come on guys, where's the customer service at? I'm prepping for a big shoot later this week, and I'm afraid I'm going to burn up $5k worth of motors.

Peter Lay likes this.
  3. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

Is there a motor torque setting in the MoVI controller? The Heden M21 motors are somewhere around 12-18V motors, so it might help to reduce the maximum voltage of 24/30V from the motor controller to a lower number as a work around for now? Our Chrosziel CDM-100 series motors are native designed 24V motors, meaning I can not help much more with the voltage settings. :(

David Beard likes this.
  4. David Beard

David Beard Member

Timm, This did the trick. Thank you. Turned down the torque value, and the motors don't overheat.