/dist/images/branding/favicon

Auto Tune Locked Up - Now Fixed

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rob Ruscher, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

So after updating to the new beta firmware, I went to auto tune and after the pan motors stopped buzzing, the auto tune screen stayed on and never went off. MoVI was not activated and had to do a hard shutdown. Turned back on and same problem occurred.

So what I did was go back to the initial beta firmware (along with mimic) and still the same issue. So went back to the initial FW and the same. For some reason I finally thought of doing Auto Tune via my phone and it worked! Waited a while and did it on the MoVI and worked as well!

Have updated to the latest stable FW with no issues. Looking to jump back into beta once my shoot wraps. Just wanted to put this out there if anyone had a similar issue or as a troubleshoot for the future. I have a feeling I could have kept the latest FW and just did auto tune on my phone to make it all work again.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Rob, I'm on the new 1.2 Beta and can auto tune from the back of the Movi.

I get stuck if the Movi gets bumped during the auto tune, and then I have to power down and try again. Once, I couldn't auto tune because it was windy and I didn't have shelter, so I just manually tuned it.

When you're done with your shoot, try again and let us know if it's improved.

3. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

Back on the latest beta firmware. Another issue doing autotune on the MoVI but reset MoVI and did the AT via phone app and yet to have issues.

4. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

Having similar issues, will do some tests Monday.